You are here

diarrhea of the mouth-vent

Kimberlee's picture

My husband and I have his SS15 for the summer months. I have come to the realization that this kid has no filter whatsoever! Every thought that comes into his brain is spewed for everyone to hear! DH says that this is the way that he speaks in GA. I thinking, "Ok. This is one of the many things that we will work on while he is here." He has issues with talking about his manhood, sex references, and bowl movements. I do not have kids; you would think that I would be comfortable since I am a high school English teacher. We had the censorship talk. I told him that things are handled differently in different places. Here you do not need to be so loud(At his moms, everyone yells and they believe that this is speaking in a normal tone). You do not need to share every event that you have in your brain. Some things need to be censored. I am thinking that this is the first time that anyone has told him this because he looked at me as if I were speaking in a rare dialect of Chinese.
We've only had had him for about 2 weeks, but he is really getting on my last nerve with saying anything that comes to his mind, especially in public. I take him to the grocery store and he makes references to the sausage as being the same size as him! :jawdrop: The old ladies were looking at him as if he were the devil's spawn. All I could say is that I was sorry and drag him away. I have spoken to DH about his behavior but he has "pep talks" in the most calm and collected voice. UGH! I feel as if I am going insane over every little thing that SD does! Every little I cannot stand. For the past few days I have been thinking that I may not be cut out for the SM business. IDK...

Lalena75's picture

Stop taking him in public tell him why and tell you DH that until he geta his aon trained to function with some class you refuse to go anywhere with him. At least that avoids public embarrassment

sterlingsilver's picture

my ss16 was the same way for a long time until I convinced DH to retrain him. DH was like that too so it took a LOT of work. You have to fight fire with fire though and not be embarrassed but rather actually be a bit crude in your remarks to draw embarrassment towards him. Oh idk, teenage boys are so complex and unless you train them yourself from childhood on up, it's almost impossible. Sorry :O

Kimberlee's picture

This is very true. And I know that DH feels guilty that he has not been directly in SS's life. SS's role models include 2 uncles that are "ghetto." DH does not act like this at all. For the past 6-7 years, DH's role as daddy has been tarnished. BM made DH pay child support(DH was actively in children's lives financially, emotionally, and physically; BM thought that she could get more $) GA does DNA on both kids and SD is not biologically his. This causes a strained relationship with SS b/c BM does not want DH around. DH has 2 strokes and starts dating again; new gf does not like children and strains relationship with kids even more. I come along and DH wants to actively be in kids lives again. I am thinking that we need to get a CO b/c DH needs to actively be there for SS. They talk on the phone every day but that is enough. Summers are perfect but DH wants SS to live with him. DH knows that BM is too money hungry to let SS stay with us.