You are here

I kicked MIL out of my house

Cara1128's picture

So it was our free weekend this past weekend(we take one every few weeks to relax and reset the house). We told MIL that we were not having the skids on Sunday(she takes the skids to church on Sunday tho none of the other adults are religious...ugh...)
8 am Sun. She shows up and decides to read the obituaries real loud in my living room.(I work with the elderly and this is the last thing I want to hear on my day off)
I AM FURIOUS!
I stomp out of the bedroom and pull my DH into kitchen
She cheerily imterupts the obit reading to tell me what a great morning it is. "Not that great!"
I shoot back and slam the kitchen door.
Told DH that the B*\* had to go bc my house is not a waiting room!
He went to the living room and pointed to the door "Time to go!".
Haha B...finally...

A bit of background:
DH and I have been married for 2 ys
Living toghether for 3
MIL prefers BM2 who is a loser that abandoned her older child.(Dh's Ss)
MIL has a serious golden uterus complex and treats DH very poorly though he is an ok dad.(see some of my other posts)

Thumper's picture

Your mil has awful manners.

She should know not to just show UP with out calling first.

I would have done the same.

Cara1128's picture

Oh yeah it was the last straw!
I work at night too (12 hrs overnight)so that was one of the rare mornings that i actually get
To sleep in and wake up next to DH!(he has weekends off-i normally do not unless I request)

She calls first since that day LOL
(Due to mitigating circumstances-hers- she can still visit the Skids at my house as long as she behaves!)

Winterglow's picture

Who let her in? If she has a key, take it back or change the lock. If she doesn't have a key, don't answer the door or answer it and tell her that now isn't convenient wink wink, knowing smile, yell towards bedroom, "keep it warm, DH, I'll be right there!" and shut the door.

Flustered's picture

Not only MIL!
don't feel in the least bad. I did the with my  1st MIL when I was married to ex-husband. She is mother of husband #1 and real GM Of my BD. When she was there when I came in from work uninvited and had sent my sitter home and told me how she would raise my child? Called a cab, Then gave her her coat and pushed her out the front door. Never saw her in the next 4 years before I divorced her whiny son. MILs are toxic