You are here

"when you're up to your ass in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original intention is to drain the swamp"

skye22's picture

I found this article online written by a step mother. I thought others might enjoy it. visit this website:
my.en.com/~mcq/stepmother.html

septembers_child's picture

loved the article almost as much as the title of it...LOL..Pardon me but I have to go put some peroxide on this alligator bite..LOVED IT!

spitfire99's picture

thanx so much for the link...it was a wonderful article and really puts things in perspective....

Cruella's picture

Thanks! I really enjoyed that and what it says is sooooooo true.

stepmasochist's picture

I just wanted to move this up because I just read it and it was a very good article.

I figured some others had missed out on it too.

Couldawouldashoulda's picture

Thank you and luved it! Especially,

"But I was still evil, and that was the most disheartening thing of all. I felt trapped in role not my own choosing."

So true!

kisses-n-kream's picture

great article!! My Schildren's BM is constantly calling me the evil stepmother...LOL

ddakan's picture

that was so nice, and she was so mature and not bitter about it!!! i admire her for having such an insight!

thanks!

mom2five's picture

That was a wonderful article! I love the honesty. And I laughed when I read that she "ruffled" her stepson's hair. That's exactly what I do with my stepson. I can hug and kiss my stepdaughter, but I can tell that it makes my stepson uncomfortable. So for years, instead of kissing him good-bye when he leaves for school, I just ruffle his hair and tell him to have a great day! It's weird to find I'm not the only one who does that.

HopeFalls's picture

This was great and so well written thanks for sharing Smile everything she wrote was like I wrote it myself... somehow I thought this would be easier.