You are here

I'm losing my mind and don't know what to do!

Paperkitten's picture
Forums: 

I'm in need of advice before I lose my mind
My husbands 2 year old is ruining my life and my marriage. I know a lot of people will say "Well you knew he had kids when you married him" I did of course but I didn't know what a horrible irresponsible piece of garbage his ex would turn out to be. When me and my husband first got together he was the weekend dad, and I was perfectly happy with this situation. As the months went along I noticed his making more and more excuses as to why she can't see him. She works three days and lives off her boyfriends family but she hasn't seen her child more than 10 times in the past 6 months. I do EVERYTHING for this child. Why should I play mommy when there is already a mommy? I have bring him to his babysitters house, watch him on my days off and watch him when the babysitter is busy. All while he has a mom who doesn't work. I can't stand this kid. He's almost two and can't talk so he just screams for hours on end and is destroying my house and my life. I can't take it. I'm starting to hate my husband for even creating this child. I'm spending my own hard earned money on someone else's child! I wish I could sleep in and have some time to myself and with my husband.
I feel like my only option is getting the hell out of dodge but I also have made my self responsible to this child's well being. If I were to leave my husband and his child would be on the streets. I'm always pressured by my family and my husbands to be what his bio mom isn't. I don't know what to do. I can't take it!

Indigo's picture

"I didn't know what a horrible irresponsible piece of garbage" my DH would turn out to be. DH not BM, the kid is 2 years old.

Grab your fancy panties and leave. Get the Hell Out of Dodge. Protect yourself.

Protect the child by leaving. He's 2+. If you're this over the top and over your head, perhaps you need to consider the next 16+years. You've already exhausted your parenting/coaching shills.

Paperkitten's picture

My husband works long hours so he is really home much. He is a great father when he's here but when he isn't his kid is now my responsibility because the child's mother isn't.

twoviewpoints's picture

Which parent has residential custody? Does the CO reflect the father has majority?

Just curious, but if Dad works such long many hours, why would he be homeless if you left?

Paperkitten's picture

They've never discussed custody before. Well I'm actually quite young and my husband was living with his horder mother and I gave them a clean place to live with me. He works at a lot but doesn't make good money. Working 60 hours a week and making 9.00 isn't enough to afford to fully support yourself where I live.

twoviewpoints's picture

How young is "quite young"? And are you actually married ?

There needs to be a established custody order and some type of CO establishing assorted other areas (such as healthcare, cost of daycare, monthly child support)

Paperkitten's picture

They have a contract that basically says they have to work everything out themselves:

momjeans's picture

Yeah, this toddler is not ruining your marriage and life - your husband is.

My heart hurts for this young child. You can't stand him, mom doesn't want to be bothered and your husband is slowly bowing out of his fatherly role and duties.

If you have this much disdain for a 2 year old, who's acting like a 2 year old, perhaps it's best you skidaddle out of this kid's life. I won't bother going into how this child needs love and patience from someone... anyone.

Paperkitten's picture

I was a little upset when I originally wrote this. I don't at all hate this child, sure he frustrates me at times but my main thing is that I'm being asked to stop what I'm doing to care for someone else's kid because the mother doesn't want to and dad can't stand up for himself