You are here

New Here...Really Need Your Opinion...May be long but bare with me---I HATE BM

MamaJ's picture

Okay, so DH and I have been married for five years, Dh has a son that is 13, BM and DH have been divorced for about 8 years, but where separated long before that. It has been a very rocky road..BM used to tell my SS that I broke up thier family ( so you can tell the hell I've had to go through) Bm and I became cordial when she became engaged and found out she was having a baby, all was well...Until she broke up with the guy while she was still pregnant..once she had the baby the guy didn't want to have anything to do with her or the baby...so she gave her new son MY HUSBANDS LAST NAME!!! ( I was on fire!!) her last name is hyphenated so its her madien name and her married name. so my thoughts is you give that boy either his father's name or her madien name!!!! (Am I wrong to think this??) Anyway DH didn't seem to be too upset about it at 1st but then acted as if it did bother him..I sent her a text message, trust it was not nasty at all, but I had to let her know my feelings I expalined what she did in my eyes was very disrespectful. She never said anything back, DH claimed he asked her why she did it, he sd she sd it was because she wanted him to have her last name, BUT HEELO your last name is hyphenated!!! Can you tell how much I can't stand this BEE!!!! So from that day on we where no longer cool...I advised DH she needed to stop calling my dayum hpuse ( she would call why to early in the am about dumb stuff) She would call at 6am to tell DH oh I forgot to tell you SS sd his stomach hurt...WTF ss is 13!!!!! SS and DH both have cell phones she can reach them on there, DH told her once and she stopped callin then she started back so I sent her another message and asked her to please call DH and SS on cell, then the texting battle started ( I will leave that for another topic) any way just recently DH texted Bm to ask where SS game was she told him and them DH sent her an old pic ss had on his phone of Dh and SS when SS was about 5 or so...she of course responds with that is my fav pic, remember whn ss kept turning his head...WTF why did he send that and he tried to delete it out of his phone so I wouldn't see it...whn asked about it he sd he was sending the pic as a way to say he is a chip off the old block and he was excited to see him play...I dn't buy it..he kisses are ass and goes over board to be nice to her...in my eyes she is the enemy and I hate her...what are your thoughts on anything I just typed...Thanks Ladies

svillemomof4's picture

I am in no way trying to stick up for BM but I have a cousing who did the same thing. She was married, had a child and then the split. Daughter was 12 when she had a second kid from some joker who left her while prego. She gave her second kid her ex husband's last name. Her reason was that since her older child and her had that last name it just made more sense to have the new child's last name the same. Well, bio dad of second child came back into the picture and wasn't happy. The father of the first one wasn't happy but he isn't married either so no wife to deal with. Now my cousin's kid is 3 and she is getting married again to another guy. She wants both her kids names to be changed to her fiance's bc he has four other kids and it would just be easier.

No, she should not be throwing his name around but just be happy he isn't on the birth certificate. However, you have to know what battles to pick and it doesn't seem wise to fight over that. As far as her calling your house, I would make it clear, through a lawyer, that all contact be made btwn such and such hours by such and such methods. That is the only way you will cure that. My SD's are 19 & 21 and the hag still calls my DH. I wish I had gone back to court to work that stuff out but its over now.

And your DH may be getting mad at you. Don't push too hard. He may not like her but he has to deal with her. She is the mother of his child. Until he puts his foot down nothing will change. Also, if you push you may push him back to her. I've seen it happen before. You must back away and just not let her get to you. Be the bigger person.

MamaJ's picture

Did I mention not only did she give her son with another man the same last name as my DH but the same initials as SS and DH..I'm sorry that crosses the line....I have decided I don't want anything to do with ANYTHING that invovles her, which means I will no longer be going to ANY of SS events, DH wants to send pictures nd shit I will let them be one big happy family, don't ask me for ANYHTING as it relates to BM or SS, I am focused only on TTC my own child...

svillemomof4's picture

No, you didn't mention that part. Same initials is kinda sounding crazy. She may want your DH back. He may be playing with fire seeing as how he is sending her pictures, even if they are of the kid, and trying to hide things from you.

MamaJ's picture

I know DH doesn't want her..not to sound mean but she really isn't his type, she doesn't exactly keep her self up and whn they were married she ran all his family and friends away becasue she was so nasty and rude and mean. DH has a problem with being waaay to nice to the wrong ppl! He needs to know that she is nothing more than SS mother and they only need to discuss SS, sending pics to a women who is in her mid 40's who just had a baby with a dead beat dad is misleading

oldone's picture

I know how you feel. BM and DH were divorced for 20 years before I met him. I hate her guts - but not actively. Except for posting on here I rarely give her any thought.

In other words I have pretty much just erased her. I did not order DH to erase her from his life - but he loves his life with me and knows there would be consequences if he stayed "friends" with her.

Here's my take. BM does not exist to me. She is not allowed in ANY part of my life. Therefore if DH wants to be in my life he will not drag her skanky ass into it. We had this out before we married

My SS is an adult. Yours is not but he is certainly of an age where "mommy" does not have to be a part of your interaction with him.

BM has called once since we had this out to tell him SS needed to go to the hospital. We were hundreds of miles away and she was a few blocks away and works at that hospital. She wanted DH to take him. Stupid bitch. I was sitting next to DH when she called. He was not friendly to her at all. My DH usually answers the phone all friendly etc. but she did not get that treatment.

Your problem is really with your DH. Can he live without her? That was a condition of my marriage to DH.

MamaJ's picture

Thanks for your post, it impacts my feelings, not only does the child by another man have my hubby last name DH, SS and Basterd child all have the same initials...this wsa done on purpose! I had a misscarriage and that really bothered me, if we had a son I wanted my son to have the initials..I don't now! did I say I much i hate her!??

momsome's picture

if I could sit down with you and have a glass of wine or 2 or 3 or 4 and just let you vent I would. I dont see how you can be this calm. I would FLIP THE H**L OUT!!...OMFG....she needs to get a mental eval and get some serious medication. Ok so the whole thing about her and the last name get angry. But the picture (NOT so much) think of it this way. Sure its been a long time since you've been married to your husband. But there will always be a bong there with BM. If there is something that he feels he cant share with you because you wouldnt understand when it comes to you SS then he will share it with her. Keep in mind that is their kid together and of course he is going to hide it. No man wants to hear their wife nag them about what they are doing when it comes to the BM. Be careful of the fights you pick, some stuff that makes you really upset will just push him away and not want to share things with you. Even if you are upset just make your feelings known and without arguing leave it alone. On the other hand after that many years I dont see the point in him sending her pictures at all. I mean if he doesnt she her for what she is then he hasnt learned anything from that relationship.

oldone's picture

I disagree. There is no bond forever with the BM. There is a child forever but there is no reason for the two parents to continue to share a life. Some do and if everyone is okay with that - fine.

I am much older so my SS was an adult before I came on the scene. He was the result of a ONS almost 30 years ago. That does not give the BM a right to stay in DH's life - nor he in hers. She's remarried and her DH really doesn't want my DH hanging around anymore than I would.

It's the Golden Uterus bio moms who insist that they must stay in the bio dad's life forever. Sad and pathetic.

Again my DH can see anyone he wants to see. And I can choose to remove anyone from my life at any time (including DH).

MamaJ's picture

momsome I wish we could sit down and drink 2 or 3 bottles!!!! lol...I guess I am so calm because I'm used to dumb shit...My DH and I fight all the time about how he thinks he is just being nice and how hw really doesn't understand women, I have to let him make his own choices, but he has to know it works both ways, so when I totally remove myself for that part of his life I totally have that right. I am so over BM and SS being the topic of convo...I don't want to be around her at all I have decided I will no longer be going to any of SS events, because I feel like BM talks to DH about the dumbest things on purpose just so she can talk to him I feel he doesn't get it and is just as chummie...I have to remember I hate her and he wants to be friends with her...so I need to remove myself or this will cause way tooo many fights with us and I need to be relaxed while I am TTC, all I care about is me, my body and getting ready to have my own child

MamaJ's picture

Ladies I thank you so very much for hearing me and giving me your thoughts in a very friendly and understanding manner, I am glad I found this site..all you ladies rock!!!