You are here

Fill in the blank survey

tofurkey's picture

It seems like everyone enjoys doing these, and it's fun to see what everyone writes to fill in the blank so here it goes!

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to ____________.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread ___________.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel ____________.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think ___________.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I ___________.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are _____.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel______________.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am ________________.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is ______________.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see ______________.

skylarksms's picture

SEEING MY FAMILY

ALL THE DRIVING AND TRYING TO PLAN AROUND EVERYONE ELSE

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

HE'D BETTER SHAPE UP OR THERE WON'T BE ONE.

AM HAPPY. I ENJOY BEING WITH THEM AND IT MAKES DH HAPPY TO SEE THEM.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are _____.
ALL BOTH OF THEM.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel______________.
I WOULD LIKE TO BUT IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

WAY TOO INVOLVED!

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is ______________.
PSYCHO

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see ______________.
SUCCESS

Moon Child Step Mom's picture

AWESOME… here goes…

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to: Decorating… good food… trying to pass on (and hold on to) all of the magic and fun I remember the holidays being for me as a kid.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread: The cost… there’s never enough money to spoil my loved ones the way I’d really like to.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel: Bad sometimes that I’ll never look at a little face that’s part DH and myself, I think we would have had pretty kids. But then I really stop and think about it and am very grateful that we only have the two that we have… I’m just not a “kid person”.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think: I’m gonna wake up at some point and say “wow… what an amazing dream… I was married to my #1 high school crush and he loved me more than anyone has ever loved anyone in the history of the world! I knew it was too good to be true…”. But somehow it IS true!!!

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I: Go into “superwoman” mode… cleaning, cooking, homework, crafts, movies, dancing, a whirlwind that ultimately ends with DH cuddling on the couch with a bottle of wine, giggling like teenagers.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are: Two. The ones we have. I never wanted children of my own but I’d never wish away my dear love’s babies… and it’s not all bad.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel: Homesick… the only vacations I ever want to take are hopping in the car and driving us all back home to our family in Pennsylvania. I’m ready to cry just thinking about…

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am: Terrified most days… but hopeful that I’m around those kids for a reason. Though I’m not necessarily a “kid person” for some reason I’m really good with them. Maybe because I’m just a big kid at heart.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is: Victim.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see: My DH and I still cuddling like teenagers... probably still broke and scrambling… probably ready to pull out every hair on our heads because we’ll have *gulp* TEENAGERS in the house… but when the clock strikes nine we’re gonna be in comfies, holding a glass of wine and loving each other up. And that’s all I could ever ask for.

DaizyDuke's picture

It seems like everyone enjoys doing these, and it's fun to see what everyone writes to fill in the blank so here it goes!

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to DECORATING!!

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread COLD/SNOW

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel EXCITED! THIS WILL BE OUR BS'S FIRST CHRISTMAS!

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think I LOVE HIM TO DEATH (EXCEPT WHEN HE IS BENDING OVER FOR BM)

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I USUALLY TAKE BS AND WE GO VISIT, GET GROCERIES OR FIND SOMETHING TO DO OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are ZER0

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel ANNOYED

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am ASHAMED THAT I DON'T REALLY CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER ABOUT THE SKIDS AND THAT MY ANSWER TO #6 WAS ZERO

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is (ONE WORD DOES NOT COVER IT!) BEADY EYED, SNAGGLETOOTHED, MISS PRECIOUS, BEEOTCH

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see SKIDS GROWN AND LIVING THEIR OWN LIVES AND ME AND HUBBY AND OUR BS MOVING THE HECK OUT OF DODGE AND ENJOYING OUR LIVES WITHOUT BM DRAMA!

mom2five's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to Love the Holidays! Looking forward to church stuff, cooking, decorating, shopping, and most of all my oldest coming home from college!

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread The inevitable drama concerning the kids. When are my stepkids going to visit their mother? When are my bios going to see their dad?..transportation, airlines, packing, scheduling, ....

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel hmmmm....we already have five...and I'm too old to have anymore. Looking forward to grandkids with my DH.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think I think he is the bees knees!.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I My stepkids live with us full-time.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are The more the merrier! If I was younger, we would have had another child together.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel It would not be a "family vacation" without all the kids.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am Ha...seasoned!.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is immature...child-like.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see Ten years from now my kids will be 19, 24, 26, 27, and 31. DH will be retired. We will do a lot of traveling. And I had better have a ton of grandkids!

mom2five's picture

Ha! I've been saying that since I was a kid. I guess my mother must have said it.

But when I heard Louis say it on Family Guy, my reaction was "Hey...that's my phrase"!

forever2's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to
IT BEING OVER!

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread
KID DAYS OFF AND SEEING MORE OF HIM AND BM PICKING HIM UP AND DROPPING HIM OFF.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel
LIKE ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME FOR HIM TO CONCENTRATE ON A WONDERFUL FAMILY WITH ME, NOT THE MESS HE CREATED WITH THIS EX.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think
LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT HAPPENS, AROUND THE CORNER I HOPE.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I
WISH FOR DEATH, DO MY OWN THING, COUNT THE MOMENTS UNTIL FREEDOM, BOTH SHORT TERM (COUNTING THE DAYS TIL BM'S TURN), AND LONG TERM (COLLEGE PLEASE IN ANOTHER STATE OR ANOTHER COUNTRY)

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are UH, DUH, ZEEEERRRRRRRO.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel OH GOOD LORD, JUST THE TOUGHT OF IT MAKES ME FEEL FAINT, I WOULD RATHER SAVE MY PENNIES FOR ANYTHING ELSE. ROOT CANAL OR A BAD BOUT OF FOOD POISONING WOULD BE PREFERABLE

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am IN THE "WHY ME" CAMP, SOME WOMEN JUST MEET A GREAT GUY WITHOUT ALL THE SKID CRAP.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is HIT MAN (SORRY, THAT'S TWO WORDS), HUMAN EXCREMENT (WHOOPS, TWO WORDS), BACKSTABBING PSYCHO BITCH (OH GEEZ, THREE) SATAN...THERE YOU GO.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see THE GATES OF HEAVEN OPEN AS SKID ENTERS COLLEGE IN A LAND FAR FAR AWAY, MY KIDS THRIVING WITH A MOTHER AND FATHER WHO LOVE THEM AND NO BAGGAGE FROM A PREVIOUS UNFORTUNATE MARRIAGE TO CONFUSE THEM. I SEE FREEDOM TO MOVE FROM THIS CITY BM TIES US TO. I SEE LIVING NEAR MOUNTAINS OR THE OCEAN. I SEE JOGGING ON THE BEACH, WIND THRU MY HAIR, LISTENING THE THE ROAR OF THE OCEAN, WATCHING SUNRISE AS HUBBY MAKES BREAKFAST FOR OUR ANGELLIC CHILDREN. I CAN ALMOST SMELL THE BACON CAN'T YOU? (OKAY, OVER THE TOP I KNOW) OVERALL IN 10 YEARS I SEE SWEET SWEET WELL DESERVED PEACE.

That was fun, thank you

hismineandours's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to _time off to spend with my kids/family_

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread __ss's extended stay

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel good.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think I'm committed.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I hide.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are 0.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel vomitous.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am burnout and used up.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is trash.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see skid free times

tofurkey's picture

Oh mmmmmm I love love the pumpkin spice creamer that comes out this time of year!~

jojo68's picture

My Christmas bonus at work and baking a lot more

Christmas shopping

like I wish I could sometimes but maybe it is a blessing in disguise that i can't have anymore babies.

I am very insecure sometimes but I love him with all my heart.

n/a mine lives with us full time

0 if they act like monkeys in the zoo and have no boundaries but if they were well behaved ad resepcted my it wouldn't matter how many.

like I don' want to go

really terrible at it unfortunately

lazy-fatass-irresponsible...LOL all one word see

me and BF raising a grandchild

grayskies's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to: baking, decorating, listening to my bing crosby, elvis, frank sinatra christmas cds.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread seeing dh become sad and frustrated as we cannot possibly afford the huge extravagent gifts the skids want, and what we do get them is tossed aside with no regard to the effort or money spent on them.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I still feel some sadness that we were never able to have one, but i've come to terms with it.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think i did not expect it to become so complicated and frustrating.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I feel like its two against one, since we have one full time. sd19 is not allowed in our house. when i know she is in town, i feel anxious and nervous because drama is on the way. it has been working well for everyone, that dh takes her out to dinner and they enjoy their visit on their own. but that was a long time coming.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are as many as dh had, IF they were respectful, kind, and wanted to work together be a part of a family.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel like it would never happen. however, sd is still planning on getting married next year, so who knows the chaos that is going to bring.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am unsure about everything.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is selfish.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see uncertainty. i hope that we are together and happy.

WHERESMYWART's picture

WATCHING MY KIDS OPEN THEIR PRESENTS

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread ___________. DEALING WITH BM AND TRYING TO COME UP WITH ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY SANTA FOR FIVE KIDS

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel ____________. I ALREADY HAVE ONE AND USED TO WANT ANOTHER ONE VERY BAD BUT HAVE CHANGED MY MIND NOW DUE TO EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON NOW

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think ___________. I AM NOT 100% SURE IT IS GOING TO WORK OUT. LOVE HIM VERY MUCH BUT A LOT OF THE AFFECTION HAS COME AND GONE.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I ___________.HECK, THEY LIVE HERE. I AM THE ONE WHO TAKES CARE OF THEM MOST OF THE TIME. YES, THERE ARE TIMES I WANT TO RUN AND HIDE.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are _____. THREE, THE SAME NUMBER I HAVEM BECAUSE I TRULY LOVE THEM BUT I WISH THINGS WERE DIFFERENT.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel______________ A LITTLE ANXIETY WORRYING ABOUT HOW WE WILL AFFORD IT AND EXCITED THINKING ABOUT HOW MUCH FUN WE WILL ALL HAVE TOGETHER.

NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEANS, I TRY REALLY HARD BUT I KNOW I MAKE MISTAKES AND FOR THAT I AM REALLY SORRY.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is ______________.:b*%$H.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see ______________. ME WORKING FULL TIME AS EITHER A CPA MAKING LOTS OF MONEY AND TAKING CARE OF MY KIDS. ALL KIDS WILL BE GROWN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE EXCEPT FOR DD7. WHETHER OR NOT DH AND I MAKE IT IS AN UNKNOWN BUT I HOPE TO BE LEADING A HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND CHRISTIAN LIFE.

quippers01's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to NOT HAVING SD THIS YEAR.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread HAVING TO REARRANGE MY HOLIDAY TO ACCOMODATE WHEN SD CAN BE WITH US.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel OH MY DEAR GOD NO! iF HE DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE ONE THEN I'D BE OPEN TO IT...BUT HE DOES SO...OH MY DEAR GOD NO!

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think I'M LUCKY TO HAVE HIM...EVEN THOUGH HE CAN'T SEEM TO FOLLOW A VERY SIMPLE POTTY RULE.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I AVOID SD AND DH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THEY MAKE ME NAUSEOUS TOGETHER.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are THE SUM OF DIVIDING BY ZERO.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel NO WAY NO HOW UHUH SCREW THAT NEVER AGAIN.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is HORSE. I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT YOU ASKED AND THIS IS WHAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD SO THERE YA GO.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see A LIVING HELL. KIDS/SKID WILL ALL BE TEENS AND SKID WILL PROBABLY BE LIVING WITH US. MY LIFE WILL BE THE SUCK.

MaGoose2010's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to BIO & STEP KIDS GOING TO THEIR OTHER PARENT.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread THAT IT'S SO SHORT!

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel: NOT AN OPTION WE'VE BOTH DONE OUR TIME (AND I'VE BEEN SNIPPED) EXCEPT THAT SOMETIMES WE DREAM ABOUT WHAT 'OUR' KIDS WOULD LOOK LIKE

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think WE ARE NOT MARRIED YET......

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I - HAHAHA! SS LIVES WITH US FULL TIME!!

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are: AM I ALLOWED TO SAY ZERO?

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel THAT I WOULD RATHER BE INCARCERATED AND TORTURED FOR THE DURATION OF THAT HOLIDAY!

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am: THROWING IN THE TOWEL & DISENGAGING ONCE AGAIN...LET THE LITTLE F**ER BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is TELLY TUBBY

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see NO KIDS!!! FH & I ENTERTAINING ON A CRUISE SHIP

That was fun!!!!!

MG

WHERESMYWART's picture

I love reading your post, they are either filled with words of wisdom or funny remarks! and yes a turkey sandwhich sounds awesome right now. Blum 3

tofurkey's picture

Yeah, I know that I'm a loser for participating my own survey...lol

Baking cookies, decorating a tree!

driving in snow, shoveling snow, plowing snow (trend?), listening to DH's daughter wine about what she didn't get, being force fed pics of her at MIL's, thinking about DH and BM's cute little xmas video they made our first year together...ugh

Sad that he already has kid and I waited. Excited for what they will turn out to be like.

I'm very lucky to have such a loving husband and I'm so happy we are married.

Wish I had a pair of ruby slippers to click together....

None. Zero. Zip.

Like going to see CATS again would be 1000 times less painful.

Not playing that rigged game. It's like those stupid claw machines, looks easy enough at first glance, but that damn thing just will not let you win! Then you just wasted $20 and 10 minutes of your time and feel frustrated you have nothing to show for it.

Sneaky, manipulative, immature, rapist.

Me and DH down in the carribean with our toes in the sand and sipping on a pina colada with no BM/SKID drama

luv2laff's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to being with my Family.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread When the kids have to be split up.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel unsure.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think about the wonderful man i married.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I love it.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are 0.(if i had a choice they would be my kids)

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel like it wouldnt be a family vacation without them.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am fustrated but otherwise learning to go with the changes.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is child, she needs to grow up.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see the my bd being 18 and my skids living with us full time.

wriggsy's picture

All the baking that I look forward to all year!!

hurt feelings from family drama that still continues

A little sad knowing it's not going to happen. But, we see light at the end of the tunnel with the kids we have, so that helps!

I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

Oh crap...they're home already!?!?!?!?

I could take the SS just fine..I think. I find myself wishing that SD could have been adopted by someone else.

Anxiety...and it doesn't stop until the vacation does.

A trooper. No one else but a SM would put up with this treatment!

Crazy

Kids gone from the house, DH retired (hopefully)...loving life!

step-mommy dearest's picture

** SO & I are a newly living together couple. he has a 4 yr old little girl.. and its been rough! This is our first set of holidays, bdays, and well.. everything! **

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to ____________. (decorating with SD4)

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread ___________. (how BM might act & us might not having SD)

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel ____________. (excited! I cant wait!)

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think ___________.(even more excited! I cant wait to marry my SO)

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I ___________.(try to plan fun things... but at the same time dread it bc its less time i get with SO)

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are _____.(0 is my dream number.. but i have 1 and im ok with that, so far!)

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am ________________. (not one so idk!)

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is ______________. (BITCH)

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see ______________. (I have no clue.. and that scared me)

step-mommy dearest's picture

i skiped 7 on accident!

when it comes to family vacas with skids..
i look forward to it... but dread it at the same time!

cain8cody12's picture

1.) When the Holiday season comes around I look forward to spending time with my family.____________.

2.)When the Holiday season comes around I dread _christmas lists from the SKIDS__________.

3.) When I think about having children with my DH I feel _never gonna happen had that problem fixed,lol___________.

4.) When it comes to my marriage with DH I think _I love him but is that enough__________.

5.) When SKID(S) come over for visits I _try to find anything to do that does not involve them.__________.

6.) If I had a choice, the number of SKID(S) I would want to have in my life is/are _0000000000000____.

7.) When I think about taking a "family vacation" with SKID(S) I feel__sure it will never happen because I will not let it,lol____________.

8.) When it comes to being a SM, I am _determined to not let them hurt me anymore_______________.

9.) The first word that comes to my mind when I think about BM is _lunatic_____________.

10.) When I think of what my life will be like 10 years from now I see _more of the same if I don't assert myself_____________.