You are here

Dislike of 7 year old stepson

CrazyCanuck's picture

So let me start off by stating i feel awful for feeling this way inside. I have 2 kids of my own whom i love to pieces. My 2 year old is my princess and my son who is 10 is my little man. I have this step son who is 7 whom i really can't stand anymore. He ruined my life i love my fiancee but this kid is driving us apart. He doesn't listen he fights , he gets angry and drools all over himself. He pees his pants cause hes to lazy to go to the bathroom. In public he eats like an animal with food from one ear to the other smeared across his face. ( Case in point right now for instance....Kid: I neeeddd toilet paper....get me some toilet paper...) It's in the closet get off the toilet and get it your 7 years old. Your not a baby anymore...What does he decide to do he wipes his butt with the empty toilet paper roll and shoves it in the garbage....and mouths There i didn't have to get off the toilet i used the roll...and then proceeded to get a fresh roll from the closet.
I've had it with this kid. When i was a kid if i mouthed i got the belt and i don't see anything wrong with that i turned out fine and i learned it's not okay to mouth at your parents.
When i met my fiancee this kid who was 4 at the time was a nightmare but i dealt with it thinking it will get better but its gotten progressively worse. When i met him his mother would let him still sleep in the bed with her so he would get to sleep and not be screaming all night i broke him of that i took certain things away from him. Like Ninja Turtles , woke up one morning to him slicing up the leather sofa's with knives he got from the cupboard. We had a baby there's been fears in my head of hurting her he said he hasn't before but he thinks sometimes he would like to knock her out or push her onto the corner of the coffee table...im like this not normal behavior for a 7 year old child to wish harm on his baby sister..but i don't have much say. Last week i lost it he was throwing himself in front of the tv throwing a fit after i told him to go upstairs for not listening to me where then proceeded to stomp on the floor and screaming to the point of drool (which is always fun because he gets so worked up he gags everywhere ) I grabbed him by the armpiots and threw him up a few stairs to get him on his way to his room. Where i got so angry my mother in law called my fiancee to come home from errands cause she was worried about her grand-son. Heck she can't even stand the kid for long periods of time cause he never listens. The doctor has said to try him on some medication only to which my fiancee was like pills are not the solution..( it's like well if he doesn't take them i might as well cause im losing my sanity). Fiancee started work after being off for 7 years she works 6 days a week in a kitchen. I work 5 days a week as a construction laborer so my weekends consist of not getting to sleep in anymore till 9 and dealing with Step Brat for my entire weekend off. Might be okay if his dad was in the picture but this guy found god and is on his biblical life vacation. I need help because at this moment in my life i'm thinking i can still be a good father to my daughter and see her when i can on weekends and be there for her but it's probably best to just cut my losses and move on. So this kid and i can stop butting heads and just live life.
Hopefully someone reads this and posts a comment cause im a loss of what to do.
I told my fiancee last night i don't like her son. So now she keeps asking me what my plans are and it's so tough...

monkeyboy2030's picture

Get out. Thank goodness you aren't married! I married my darling wife, and thank goodness that the BF has custody. She has a wonderful 5yo, but a terror of a 9yo. He is driving us apart, to the point where I am probably going to a divorce attorney tomorrow to start the process, and they don't even live with us! The thought of having 9yo for 50 days over the summer makes me want to vomit or shove a knife through my eye.

I am sure you are a wonderful father to your children - concentrate on that - and eliminate the pain in your life. I will probably never have children based on the nightmare that this 9 yo has brought into my life.

You will never change this kid, and you will be blamed for everything that goes wrong.
Make a choice - either the kid or the fiancee. Get out now!

im_trying_my_best's picture

yes, thank god you arent married! i too have a horrible little devil of a ss7 that even DID hurt my daughter, molested her even. but the shoe is on the other foot here as im the "evil step mother" of course and he is the "angel" lol omg its so sad but there will be no change and it sucks for you, but im telling you that a mother especially will hear no wrong from her children so in my opinion, YES, cut ur loss and move on. OR beat the kid lol not really beat but you know what i mean.