You are here

Can we ask not to have crazy track stepkids?

Biostep7777's picture

Biostep7777's picture

Recently we became aware that HCBM tracks stepkids the entire time they are with us which means she tracks US! I am creeped out and completely uncomfortable with this. 
we FINALLY have a court date next month. Is it acceptable to ask in the court order for her not to track the kids when they are with us?? 

BoyMomGirlStepMom's picture

But, I think even if it is ordered, what makes it so she really stops? You'll never really know if she stops and even if you discover she is tracking you, your only recourse is more court.

my best suggestion is to take it up with the kids. I'm assuming she is tracking their phones, so the rule should be turn off their location services or the phones have to stay at home. Kids won't like it, HCBM will hate it, but we are all entitled to privacy.

CastleJJ's picture

For starters, you won't be able to prove in court that BM tracks the kids and she will just deny it. You can't add that kind of thing to the CO as it is speculation. I agree - take it up with the kids or confiscate their devices and leave them at home. 

Our HCBM sent SS9 with a kid's smart watch over the summer. SS was so excited to show us all the cool features, including the tracking portion that sent BM and her GF updated GPS coordinates every 15 minutes. You better believe we turned that watch off and took it away, telling SS we didnt want him losing it or breaking it. Funny thing is - when we went to give it back to SS at the end of the visit, it was on again, and SS said that BM could remotely power on the watch from her phone. I hope BM enjoyed tracking the inside of our pantry for two weeks. Moral of the story: SS never came back to us with the watch again. 

Biostep7777's picture

We have proof. We have texts of her telling them to turn on their tracking. I hear you though. I'm just creeped the hell out! 

CastleJJ's picture

Yeah any judge is basically going to say "two wrongs don't make a right" and then they won't do anything about it anyway. 

ESMOD's picture

I doubt you will get device app level permissions into your CO.  BUT, as their father, your DH can dictate that they turn off tracking.. or leave devices at home.  BM may get angry, but  while she may have the plans and pay for the devices... she can't force your DH to allow them to use those devices at his house.  He could simply lock them in a drawer upon arrival.  I know kids live and breathe by their phones, so that would definitely not be wanted by the skids.. so they may agree to turning off the location.  If BM calls him... he can say, it's none of her business where they are when they are in their father's custody... and he won't agree to tracking when they are with him.  

He could compromise and allow them to turn it on when they are out somewhere without him maybe but that's it.

Biostep7777's picture

She will say he is abusing them and blocking them from calling her for help. Been there already. Took phones away when they wouldn't stop arguing one day and she stated he took them away so they couldn't call for help. I literally hate her. 

Winterglow's picture

I do hope your lawyer asked her on what basis she is claiming your DH abuses his kids. 

Rags's picture

When the Skids arrive, lick their phones in a metal box.  Give them back when they leave.  End of tracking problem.