You are here

Am I still 14 or crazy or WTF?

Mrs. December's picture

Hi. I'll try to be as brief as possible. First, do any of you out there feel like you are a 14-year-old girl arguing over a boyfriend? OK, well I have my DH, he has 2 kids SD12 and SS9, then I have DD16 and DD13. Our 12 and 13 year-old girls both play softball for their middle school team. VERY BUSY. My SS9 plays baseball. My DD16 has drama classes. I am the one that 90% of the time runs these little people around, and yes I do work 40 hours a week, plus try to clean and etc. Well little SD12 didn't think softball for the school team was enough and wanted to play for a youth team. I was completely against it. DH wasn't exactly thrilled, but MOMMY DEAREST got all involved and pissy once SD12 called her crying about how badly she wanted to do it. Well, first it costs money, second it's my F*****ing time running. (Why I put it in blended family). I do a lot between all of the kids activities because DH is working and just can't. DH told Mommy Dearest she would have to take SD to away games because we have too many other responsibilities with the other kids and SD honestly didn't need to be playing for the youth team. Soooooooo today, SS9 has his first baseball game at the same time SD12 has a softball game for the youth team about an hour away. DH tells SD12 she needs to have mommy dearest pick her up after her school practice to go to her youth game. "I'm not going to my game" says SD12. WTF!!! You don't have a lot of back story, but here's my guess......Mommy dearest wants to be at SS9 baseball game because she thinks my DH will be going alone, so acting in true "high school" fashion......... Now SD12 caused a big fit when she just had to do the youth team, but she's not going? WTF? I know, nothing I can do, but I am so tired of feeling like I'm a teenager with that stupid bitch (mommy dearest) playing games like this!! I just keep thinking of all the years I have left stuck with her until SS9 graduates and it really depresses me.

Great way to start my day! Any encouraging words or somebody that understands exactly what I mean?

Monchichi's picture

Yes it is like being back in high school. Try and ignore the Ex it's the best thing possible. Chin up Smile

Mrs. December's picture

Ya, her good reason for not taking SD12 is so she can be up our ass at SS9's game!!! If she was soooooo hell bent on SD12 doing youth softball she should be making her go to her game!! Generally if you have 2 kids in 2 different places at the same time with 2 able parents, 1 goes 1 way and the other the other way so all is covered......Like I said, she only wants to be up our ass! Truth be told, I don't have anyone to vent to and maybe that's why I can't just "ignore" her BS. My DH and I were together long before her, lost touch and by whatever freak destiny ended up together again. We've been married 8 years and she still just won't quit!

Monchichi's picture

Mrs D coming here to vent is cathartic. Most of us don't have anywhere to go but here. ExW even when they have a new H are the bane of quite a few of our lives. Rather have a good groan about her here and then ignore her in your day to day life.

misSTEP's picture

I know how you feel. Both my skids are aged out for a few years now. BM is married and has another crotch dropping from this victim. My DH and I went to the gskid's 5th bday party, having to be around BM and her whole clan for it.

BM made a point of serving everyone at our a table a piece of bday cake....except me. She kind of threw DH's at him but at least she gave him a piece! I just had to lol because it was SOOOO juvenile! She supposedly loves her life now. So why still be pissed off about the fact that your baby daddy got away from you 15 years ago???

Ninji's picture

Some of these women have zero self respect. I would never treat someone like that. Especially at my GKids B Day celebration.

Mrs. December's picture

To misStep, (the cake thing) That's what I mean, are we still 14-year-old little girls? It's ridiculous and gets frustrating after years, why can't they just move the hell on.

Me, no we don't sit together by any means. We live in a tiny, tiny town, so small crowd of people and mommy dearest spends most of the time at every kid event staring at me like it's the first time she's seen me. I feel like I can't breathe. My issue here is she and SD12 threw a huge fit at how much she just had to be on this team, yet because mommy dearest has to be where DH is just out of some warped thought process, she isn't making SD12 stay committed to this huge, important thing she had to be part of!! DH can't make her go because he already committed to helping baseball and also made it clear to mommy dearest he would not bring SD12 to away games due to other responsibilities we have. (DH wouldn't dare ask me to bring SD12, I would snap and he knows it! I said she didn't need to be part of that team. Period! I bend enough bringing her to practices) I am supportive and am there for her middle school related games always, however.

Also, I'd like to mention how mommy dearest throws a complete fit with multiple texts if DH doesn't go to a game. Away, home, either SK, no matter. He works 50 hours a week, plus owns a side business he needs to put time in at. He is part of about 95% of things, but there are times it's just not possible. The "rules" are only the way she wants them. Whatever works for her that day is what is good that day and the way it should be. Which, obviously leads to some difficulties with SKs not understanding committments, rules, etc. Making life sometimes difficult in that area too (but a different post!! LOL)

misSTEP's picture

In my situation, it showed me how little I care anymore now that BM cannot force her drama into our lives. I was surprised but I also could laugh about it. It didn't send me into a fit of anger like it probably would have years ago.

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel! Smile

Mommagpz-dk's picture

Sounds like my SS's "mommy dearest" which i refrained from calling her in my post. lol. Unfortunately it is what it is. I do feel for ya tho. We still have 10 more years with our mommy dearest in the picture and by god she makes everything into an ordeal. I agree with most of the comments tho. put her in her place, or rather have DH put her in her place and make her back off. All shes doing in using the kids as leverage and the kids are learning to manipulate their way into getting whatever they want. Dont stand for it. Put your foot down. If DH wont do it them tell him HE can deal with mommy dearest.