You are here

There won't be a happy ending if you only just started dating a man with kids

Wonderland2013's picture

'you knew what you were getting yourself into before dating/marrying him'

No, we didn't, if we did, we would run as fast as we could. Even after having kids with him, nothing would change, it only gets worse. Get out now if you can, because you deserve better. I have yet to see a single happy ending case in my life, but there's none.

I wished my parents had smashed my face before marrying him so i could wake up, i wished that my daughter was not born in this horrible situation that she can grow up with both parents without any resentful half siblings.i wished that i had married a man who cared about me and honored me as a wife, not as his family assistant.

Disneyfan's picture

There are happy stepfamilies out there.

Plenty of men parent their kids and do not view their wives as nannies they get to have sex with.

There are plenty of women who have no problem walking away from men who are useless dads, do not respect them and/or are looking for nannies.

Married or not, no one is ever stuck. If you're not happy, walk away.

Rags's picture

I have to disagree with you.

My wife and I have been married for 19 years. We met when SS-21 was 15mos old and married a week before he turned 2yo.

Yes, we battled with the toxic SpermClan, we battled with the idiot bottom 10%ers of the legal profession that seem to go in to family law including sitting on the bench, we dealt with the usual growing up issues of our son (my SS).

It has been a great adventure and the most rewarding thing I have done in my life including grad school, international travel, building a successful business and I am sure that trend will continue.

Being my DW's husband and her son's father is my greatest accomplishments.