You are here

Need advise!!

KTucker's picture

I have tried seeking advise elsewhere but all I ever get is negative responses so I figured maybe here some of you could somewhat relate. I have known my DH for about 2 years but we only started dating in June of 2012 after his BM went to jail (they were never married) I know he was never happy with her and only stayed as long as he did because of his son and when she went away he pursued me and things were perfect until she got out of jail after serving only 30 days. I have severe jealousy issues for some reason, I think maybe because she has given him a child and I feel that they have a bond that we don't, and I beat myself up over the fact that once we do have a child that everything will be a first for me but he has already been through it so I feel like it wont be as special for him as it will be for me. My SS is only 2 and will be 3 in may. One of my few issues when he is here (every other weekend) is that I feel my husband never includes me in any activities they do or anything, its like he just pushes me away...I have asked him about it and he says he just misses his son when he is away which is understandable but I feel like since I am his wife and I will always be in the picture that I should also be included in things, maybe not everything but I don't always want to be left out and he doesn't understand that. Another issue I have is the co-sleeping. While my SS is at his moms he sleeps in his own bed...My husband and I are TTC so bedtime is "our time" but when his son is here he wants to sleep in bed with us...I don't understand why he cant sleep in his own bed here if that is what he does at his moms we have tried putting him in his own bed but he tosses and turns and whimpers all night long and keeps us awake. He does the same while he is in bed with us but he is a lot less quiet but he kicks me and punches and it just drives me crazy!! I can not stand sleeping in bed with a child and when I say something he gets so mad at me so idk how to go about handling it. Also in my opinion BM is a piece of shit, she is a convicted felon, she is always trying to pawn her son off for any little reason, she is constantly calling wanting him to come stay with us and sometimes its for a week at a time and I feel like he shouldn't jump everytime she wants to get rid of him. I understand he has just as much of a obligation to him as she does but she needs to realize she cant just expect us to get him everytime she wants us to and always expect us to cancel any plans we have just because she cant deal with her child. I wish we could just take him from her and things would be so much easier!!

KTucker's picture

Haha and I so just now realized I spelled ADVICE wrong. Sorry, Idk how to change it.

Anne Boleyn's picture

You started dating in June and are already married? I am not judging but I don't understand.

KTucker's picture

We got married after 7 months. Sorry but I don't believe there is a time limit. I just feel like when you know you just know. I've never had the feelings I have with him with anyone else and I have had several long term relationships. I know it was sudden but I also know what I want and so does he.

Janna's picture

Ask him if he doesnt want to include you in stuff with his son, how about you make yourself totally unavalible when his son is there. I get the feeling left out, but my dh understood when I told him that when we moved in and became a family that is what we were and if he wanted weekends with his son to himself he should have stayed single. Things are much better here now, but it takes time.

KTucker's picture

Yes she is a felon. She was working for a bank and over a period of time stole close to a half a million dollars and when the bank got audited she got caught. It was her along with another girl. I've known her for a few years and she used to be a good mom or so I thought but ever since they separated she hasn't in my eyes. She tries to pawn my SS off for any little reason and is constantly making excuses and constantly calling!! Normally my husband wont answer her and he will text her instead. I do understand he wants to see his son as much as he can but I believe there needs to be a set schedule or else he will get confused and never know when he is coming or going, if that even makes sense. And as far as the canceling plans...Yes it happens and it sucks but the thing that bothers me is BM sees that no matter what we have going on that when she calls she gets what she wants. He is getting better about it. My husband will be trying to get custody soon and I just cant help but think things will be so much better then. BM works a fast food job and draws a SSI check off of my SS and blows her money on good knows what until she runs out of money and she cant even feed her son so we take him in because she is too broke. I am sorry but that doesn't sound like a good mother to me. She runs around with dope heads all the time and it wouldn't surprise me if she was one herself. Things are getting better for us somewhat.