You are here

How do skids react on the new baby in the house?

Mynx's picture

I've been living with my fiancee for 3 years, and we were planing a marriage and a baby...or two. Now, it's almost certain that he'll get the full custody over his 3 children from his 1st marriage SS 15, SD 10 and SD 5. We're planing to get a bigger house, so I'd have my privacy as much as I can, but I'm scared that the relations would brake with the arrival of the newborn...Especially because the BM told the skids 2 years ago that I'll give their daddy a new baby and that he wouldn't care for them anymore (really hypocritical since she asked that DH gets a full custody since she can't handle them or she'll sent them to a foster home). The things settled since, of course, the new baby hasn't arrived yet. But what then? How do younger skids and teenage skids react on the new baby?

Mynx's picture

The marriage will definitively come first, no question. Should they be included in the wedding, I mean, will they cry...whatever...when they see us... is it better for them (mainly I mean SD 10 and SD 5) not to be present? The're also very needy, and it's always daddy this, daddy that...I'm afraid that the'd call him during the wedding for every little thing (like going to bathroom, or stuff...). Am I selfish for wanting that day for myself and him? I wouldn't want my family and guests look in their sad faces durin the ceremony...I feel like they'll all feel sorry for me...:/