You are here

Am I horrible for feeling this way

z00land3r's picture

I am 49 and my wife is 39 with 3 kids (s23, d19, s14). I have a 33 year old adopted step daughter who is married with a daughter. We have been married for 6 years now and things seem to be getting worse with me and the stepkids. All 3 have some issues ranging from JRA to mental illnesses. I really find them all annoying especially the SD19 as she is extremely lazy and ungrateful. I literally have nothing to say to her. I don't feel any connection for love for these skids. I just feel like my life is now on hold because the skids take precedence. I want to run away and leave this all behind but am too beaten down to make a move. I have never felt worse about myself.

Kilgore SMom's picture

Step back and take a good look at you life! If you feel beat down and used you probably are. Whats could be worst getting your own life back on tract or having to put up with mouching ungrateful skids the rest of your life? I am assuming that your DW has no control over her own kids and lets them do what they want. Getting DW on board after 6 years is probably not going to happen.

step-hell's picture

I feel for you. I'm also in a position where I really can't go anywhere because I have lost nearly all the self confidence I once had. I used to be so independent and happy. Now, because of an injury, I'm waiting for disability to go through so I don't work, which makes me feel worthless. I'm married to a man I don't like a lot of the time, I have 3 step kids that I don't like, I can't have my own child anymore and the only one I could have had, I lost, and because of my disability, I'm not active & have gained weight. I used to be active and super thin. I hate me. I hate that I don't like my step kids. I try but I think losing my own child has really hurt me so because I don't have my own child to love, I can't love these kids. I don't know... Just speculation. I probably went a little off course with my comment, sorry about that!