You are here

A sad decision

Lady's picture

The two SS uses their kids as payback and to hurt me .Now they are out of the picture and the their young kids.Not allowed to see their kids anymore!Now SD has 2 kids 9 and 5. These kids love me and I love them very much.The problem is SD stands with her brothers and wont accept me .She will let me come around her kids as long as DH is with me. Thing is my DH isnt a kid person so they hang on me when we are around the kids.They love their pawaw but he dont play with them like I do. I cant do things with them like a grandmother would do. SD has her rules with me and my boundaries with her kids.Its really weird . they are weird.The 9 year old ask if she could call me granny . What do you tell a kid knowing the parent will tell her she is nothing to you.She will teach her kids to treat me like she does and they will when they get older.

I do love her kids but I know and my husband has told me to that if something happened to him his daughter would tell me she see's no reason for me to see her kids now and for me to get lost. I know I would never see them again. Im think all of them are sorry as hell.I want to love them and would never mistreat them but why cant the SK's be glad that Im good to their kids .Instead they look for a way to take me down. Since SS's have taken their kids away and they dont care how their dad feels and how it hurts him that his grands cant come to his home. I have made a decision to cut all ties with SD kids. I know what my furture holds with her kids and there wont be one. When SS's let me bond with their kids (at one time)now to hurt me they wont let me see the kids. Sd is just like them.So why go through it again with her kids . Im ready to let go and save myself from a guaranted heartache someday. SO SAD! Sad

darkhorse's picture

what kind of crappy parents do that to their own kids? Ask yourself that, if they will hurt their own kids, they will hurt you too, only faster. My sd 40, kept her kids from us since birth 15,13,11,9 and now that they live closer, she does the opposite, stuff like "I don't know how to tell them we can't all stay in ur house"...problem is her dad, my dh is not bonded to them, as she orchestrated, and he thinks she is a crummy manipulative whiner who has intentionally hurt him and her kids. Just passing on her anger to the next gen...very nice. I can not bond with my step grand kids cuz I know if my dh passed on I would never see them....not to mention our kids the half sibling they call "cousins", we would never speak again because if it wasn't for their dad, my dh, I would not want to know such awful people. I would vote with my feet... :sick: Blum 3

lucy51's picture

This has happened to me, too, but not until my husband died and they began the fight over money and property. I have heard that they are saying terrible things to their kids and it hurts me terribly because what child is going to stand up to their mother or father? I still hold out hope that they will contact me when they are adults, but I try not to think of it too often because it brings such pain.

Just US's picture

I would be absolutely thrilled if my step-brats moved on out of our lives with my husband's grand-brats in tow. Some people have all the luck. Be happy. Smile