You are here

It was all going so well....

Britmum's picture

It was all going so well, not the relationship with me and the skids but the acceptance of my choice to 100% detatch.

On the surface H has been doing a good job of separating his time between us all and it seemed to be going smoothly....until recently.

My husband always over promises and under delivers... everything is going to be done tomorrow...you know the kind of tomorrow that never arrives until I nag the arse off of him! Recently I am noticing how he keeps promising our sons things that never happen, especially our youngest, yet when 25 year old SS needs something he drops everything and does it for him ...saying "he is my son" 

Recent things on my annoyance list are:

- H choosing not to stay with me and our children for a bite to eat, because SS needs to clean his car and needed H's help!! 

- promises our youngest to do things for him and with him then letting him down because SS wants him to do something.

- tonight we go into coronavirus lockdown and H just announces that he won't be back until tomorrow as he is spending the night with SS because it's his son and he hasn't seen him for nearly a week. 

Our children are literally watching him having no time for them but spending quality time with SS.

He is taking for granted that our children are ok with me but not even noticing how they are craving to spend some quality time with daddy and begging for his attention.

I am so so angry right now but trying to hold it together for our children. The last thing that they need is being stuck indoors with arguing parents.

So sad Sad

SteppedOut's picture

Oh it's "his son"? What about your shared children? Are they not his sons too?

What a freaking jerk. It never ceases to amaze me how many of these types of men there are. Why are the first family children more important? He should have stayed single.

Kee-khe's picture

"he should have stayed single"

Yes! I tell DH this all the time because I fucking hate seeing how different he is with his little spoiled pest and OUR baby boy. 

Rags's picture

Sad.  It may take filing for a divorce as a huge smack in the face with the prospect of a ton of CS with limited visitation to give your DH clarity that his Skid worship may cost him another marriage and a relationship with his younger children.

Good luck.

Britmum's picture

Turns out he didn't spend the night there, he come back and he got it on all barrel's from me! I told him in no uncertain terms that unless he bucks his ideas up he can step aside. 

I still haven't spoken to him yet today and he is going to be waiting a long time if he thinks that I am backing down on my opinion.