You are here

It is about respect-adult stepchildren

bizbear's picture

I don't think this is a gay, purple or brown step site. I think it is a place to vent for people like us that find themselves in difficult positions. I have learned a lot, both positive and negative form this site. For those of us with adult stepchildren, I think it is a matter of respect. There is too much entitlement today...my own bio's included. I could give a rat's rear if these kids are gay or not, I want them to respect me and my ex and my DH. As 50 somethings, we have provided well for our kids and it is high time they realizse that and understand what 'NO' means. They must respect our homes that they live in for free and must respect out rules.

bizbear's picture

OMG..stepaside you are right on...the disrespect my ex showed me regarding our daughter pushed me over the edge to file for divorce. I do not blame my daughter, I blame the two of us, but dad could never see how he respected her more than me, her mom.

glynne's picture

Couldn't agree with you more Biz

And speaking of respect - couldn't we respect other's opinions and beliefs without labeling them? Sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

bizbear's picture

Glynne, I agree..the poster about the stepson who is gay, so what? It's only a label. What stood out to me was that the SS went into their home when they were away and evidently ccar was not aware that that was going to happen. Just not fair to him.

glynne's picture

Yes, that was the problem Biz. And the response that he got was being called a homophobe. Nice. Sad

bizbear's picture

Yea, not fair. We all have opinions and sometimes if we don't agree with a lifestyle, whether it be gay, tattos, piercings or whatever we tend to lean on those opinions when we are frustrated. I know I have and I know it is not fair to do that. But, it is human nature at times. My SD has tattos and piercings, which I am not a big fan of, but when I am frustrated I tend to look at those things moreso. I don't think the tattos or piercings would bother me one bit if she was on a productive path and had respected her dad while she was throwing his hard earned money out the window. SHe needs to get a clue!

bizbear's picture

Yea, you're right stereotypes are everywhere. Maybe I should look up that 'silicone boob' doctor! Just kidding, although I am not a fan of plastic surgery, who am I to judge? I do know that I fall into judgement when I am frustrated!

glynne's picture

My main concern is new posters who come on this site looking for help and just get slammed. I use to ignore the posts but I'm not going to be passive anymore. I have benefited from this site so much - I don't want others to get turned off.

Both my parents were Southerners and had accents plus we were low income. I was embarrassed by my parents until I grew up and realized that I was lucky in many ways to have had them as my parents. As for the boob job - I am petite and flat chested and it took me a few years to embrace the joy of not having to wear a bra if I didn't want to!

Most Evil's picture

Hi, I am from the south and don't worry, no one here cares what anyone thinks-! Wink

I felt that guy was no longer listened to as soon as he mentioned the SS was gay. I do not agree with what happened with his post, but then I am not very politically correct.

I love the way the site is now though, there is a lot less turmoil. I guess having a small amount of diversity in opinions (I have no objections to any people or situations y'all-!) is worth it to have objectivity and make good decisions on our step situations.

glynne's picture

LOL Nicely said, Most Evil.

Yes, as soon as he mentioned the word gay - he was pounced on - so unfair. But I do agree, the site is a lot better than it was a few months ago.