You are here

What can I do?

crimsonbeauty's picture
Forums: 

When BF came to pick up the kids for Thanksgiving Weekend, he picked our middle son up by the back of the neck and threw him three feet into the back of his truck because he didn't want to go. I wouldn't let him take them and instantly went and got a restraining order because he had threatened my life, and got a lawyer the next day. Unfortunately the lawyer sat on his ass until the ex filed for a family access order. Which of course got the judge to instantly release an order saying that I had to turn the kids over for visitation, because I didn't show up to deliver the kids, because I didn't know about this yet. So since we ended up settling for him having to take counseling, changing a few minor things in the visitation schedule and dropping each of the other cases. I settled because the lawyer said that my children, 9, 7, and 4, are too young to testify that he is abusive, and don't want to go, and I am the only witness to it therefore I don't have a leg to stand on. If I pursued it I would put my custody in jeopardy.

Now he informs me that he isn't going to keep the kids during visitation and that his parents are going to keep the kids. I don't seem to have a choice but to allow this because the settlement does state that we can't deviate in anyway from the order and that the police can enforce the visitations.

In short there doesn't seem to be anything out there to protect abused kids from their father, and this really sucks.

need2vent's picture

Help me understand, YOUR BF(boyfriend) picked your son by back of neck or your exhusband or who's BF.
Sorry but as I read it did not make sense.I am sure that you are very upset, the first sentence infuriated me, I just want to understand.

crimsonbeauty's picture

No, their biological father, my ex. sorry. The police were called and he was told there was no way he was taking them anywhere after he talked to the kids.

dpowers's picture

1st if my x ever grabs my child by the neck and throws her there will not be any visits because i would kill his a## then call the cops. i seen somewhere that you can get supervised visits set up so the kids cant be around him by there selfs but since you dropped the
charges i dont see where you have a choice when he has them for his visits i think he can carry them anywhere he wants as long as its not out of the state. im may be wrong but thats what i read.

dpowers's picture

1st if my x ever grabs my child by the neck and throws her there will not be any visits because i would kill his a## then call the cops. i seen somewhere that you can get supervised visits set up so the kids cant be around him by there selfs but since you dropped the
charges i dont see where you have a choice when he has them for his visits i think he can carry them anywhere he wants as long as its not out of the state. im may be wrong but thats what i read.

dpowers's picture

dpowers's picture

dpowers's picture

i guess i went post happy!!!!!!!

crimsonbeauty's picture

That's what I was going for but without an independent witness I didn't have enough proof as the scratch on his eye from hitting the car seat wasn't significant enough and the bruise that came up on his neck couldn't be linked to the incident because the police man didn't see it at the time.

I truly think if I had a better lawyer that would have gotten off his a** and filed my paperwork before the ex filed for a family access order I could have gotten it. So now all I can do is hope that this scared him enough so that he'll never do anything like that to the kids again.

The only reason I agreed to him having visitation at all is that he said he wasn't going to exercise it anyway as he had no interest in it. I just didn't think about the fact that he would do it just to annoy me. My last hope really for now is the case DSS has opened on it.