You are here

ss12 hurting animals & I'm pregnant

unwillingparticipant's picture
Forums: 

1) Last year, he yanked one of our dog's ears (she yelped) and he admitted it was out of anger he was having about his life (I don't remember exactly what it was but it was nothing to do with the dog)

2) A month ago, he put 2 dogs in one crate for 4.5 hours while we weren't home. One dog is 72lb lab mix, one is a 56lb pit bull mix. This was a one-dog-crate. I think it was so he could control something weaker then himself that couldn't fight back. He says it was just something stupid he just didn't think about.

3) He told bm when he was 6 that he thought she loved her cats more than him (it's true - bm is a piece of shit)

4) He has hurt bm's cats over the years. DH just admitted this to me this morning. He said he's witnessed ss12 kicking her cats before.

I am pregnant and he has expressed resentment toward this child coming. He lives with us and he's always around. I have 100% intention of pressing charges when he hurts our baby. What exactly will happen in court or juvenile detention? I mean, I don't care - im entirely disengaged from this monster child so my concern is the consequences. If they aren't severe enough to keep my child safe, I will divorce DH IMMEDIATELY.

Does anyone know?

thinkthrice's picture

I don't know how well juvi works. In my county, it's one big babysitting operation and not "corrections."

I found out recently that SD shot my older cat in the backside with a bb gun. She and YSS are animal torturers--shooting toads through the eyes, etc. etc. Biodad defended all their actions as "normal kid stuff" They continue to be cruel, under achieving bullies.

PROTECT YOUR CHILD(REN) AT ALL COSTS!!

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Social Worker present! Smile I work with adults in the criminal justice system. This is the trifecta that signals future sociopathic behavior in children:

1. Bedwetting
2. Intentional firesetting
3. Cruelty to animals

Bedwetting itself is not something to be concerned about, but the other two things alone, or two or more of these together...not good.

All of the people I work with who perpetrated physical violence on people started "experimenting" with animals. EVERY ONE. Most moved on to other children after that.

Please protect your children and animals, and get this kid psychiatric help if he isn't getting it already.

Patsy's picture

What did you say to him when he mentioned hurting the baby? Was he disciplined when he locked the dogs up? I had a clode friend who's boy would do this and I ended my relationship with them all together since her sone was the same age as my DD at the time. Come to find out years later his father was physically abusing him. I hear he is doing better now that he has had counseling, but I do not speak to them anymore so I can't tell you for sure if it helped.

Nope. No discipline. DH isn't consistent. He says one thing and does another. DH Has admitted that he parents out of guilt. Guilt that ss12 has such a shitty mother, guilt that ss12 has such a fucked up life when he's at his moms, etc.

Its been this way from day one so I have NO IDEA why I thought getting pregnant was a good idea. I hate myself already. This is the worst situation I could put my infant in.

Patsy's picture

This kid is screaming for discipline! to discipline a child is to care for a child. How can anyone assume he has a problem when he hasn't even been reprimanded for what he has done or said. I would not wait for your DH to step in when SS makes remarks out your child! What a mess!

I couldn't agree more but stepmoms have no rights. I'm a monster either way. If I try to discipline, "he hates me". I don't discipline and I "don't care about him".

ctnmom's picture

"I have 100% intention of pressing charges when he hurts my baby" :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I wouldn't be anywhere NEAR anything that could possibly hurt my NEWBORN. Just the fact that you wrote that as a future parent makes my blood run cold.

Willow2010's picture

I have 100% intention of pressing charges when he hurts our baby.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WTH? Why on earth would you LET this kid hurt your baby? OMG

ctnmom & willow2010

I feel completely powerless. As a stepmother, we all know we have 0 rights. I feel like I can't do anything at all to stop this kid from doing something to my infant. I have to work after maternity leave and like I said, this f'ing kid is ALWAYS around. No amount of therapy in the next 3 months will do anything (I'm 6 mos along) and no amount of institutionalization will do anything - just a dream I suppose. DH would NEVER institutionalize his little prince!!!
I am completely at a loss and because of DH's inconsistency in parenting since day 1, I can't count on him to keep his promise of not leaving our child alone w/ss12 for even a moment.

What can I do??