You are here

Not understanding Texas and children at all..

MamaTracy's picture
Forums: 

I just don't understand..my BF exwife has no drivers license and is on siezure medication..she doesn't work and draws disability..she lives with her BF and he is gone all day at work that is at least an hours drive away from home and she can't drive at all..she is at home with my SS who is 4 and what if she goes into a siezure or something..they live in the back of an RV/Mobile Home park and what will happen if something goes wrong and he doesn't know how to get help..I just don't get it and no one can answer it..I do know that the custody part was taken care of before the divorce since she got my BF to go to the Attorney Generals and do the paperwork..so they have joint custody but she has primary with SS living with her and we get him EOW..but when they got the custody papers and child support papers done the EX never told them she had no license and couldn't drive a vehicle so they have no idea..we got the divorce final but were told we couldn't touch the custody part for the first 3 years by law..something about protecting the dads and child support..of course it's all crap..child protective services won't do anything..i have pictures of SS with a cig burn on his eye (accident or not) and another one with a hand print on his arm where someone held his arm and left marks..also another one with a 2 inch long bruise on his butt cheek..yet no one in the system will do anything..we stopped smoking because of SS allergies yet the EX and her BF continue to smoke in the car with SS and windows rolled up..the EX also has a medical history where she was told she would always be on siezure medication and i want to know if that can be brought up in court when the time comes..does anyone know what steps we should be taking on all of this..we document and take pictures of these things but no one seems to care about the child..so short of pulling my hair out i don't know what to do anymore..any and all help would be appreciated..or at least where i can look on the web for information because so far i haven't been able to find any help..thanks!!!