You are here

Need help now!

kristina0121's picture
Forums: 

My SS came home yesterday from his mother's house. Last night while we were drawing on the chalkboard, he tells me about what happened at his mom's that weekend. His mother and step dad got into a huge fight right in front of him. They were hitting each other. He slapped her across the face, slammed her hand repeatedly in the door (she has bruises) and took their baby over to the neighbor's while this was happening. But my SS was sitting there the whole time watching this and crying and they didn't even care. He's afraid of his step dad now... he says he doesn't want to be over there anymore. (Oh and there was a time when step dad has pushed SS over and over and my husband had to go and pick him up) It really scares me that he is in that environment. What can I do??? Because she still has bruises.. I figure if we do something, it should be while there's still evidence, right?

losingmymind's picture

I would say yes. This of course will cause quite a bit of stress to you all but I would do it anyway. I am that type of person that I believe in doing what is right, not what is easy.

I would call the police and file a formal report and possible call in child services. I wouldn't want my children seeing that kind of thing and I don't get why any mother would be okay with that.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do on this.

anna's picture

what he said to you to strangers? Because that is what he's going to be asked to do. To the police, children services and then they will probably appoint a GAL when you go to strip away her custody! If he can repeat it and stick to the same story, go for it! And definitly get him out of there or just get the step dad arrested on abusive charges!!!! Maybe have your hubby call the police right away and get him arrested because when they start questioning him and the BM they're not going to be able to deny the fight! And maybe then you guys could also get a restraining order on the stepdad so he isn't able to come around your ss anymore!! Make it hell on the BM! Obviously she's already made it that way for the poor kid!

GoingNuts's picture

I agree. She has put the kids in this situation and obviously has no intentions of taking them out of it.

Imustbcrazy's picture

If it truly is as bad as you described in your blog, you need to get him out of there. There is no question about it. File an emergency custody request based on the best interest of the child and get him out of there.

Daddys Gurl

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

strugglingat28's picture

Call the police and inform them of this danger. You would not be a tattler, you would be saving this poor boy from an environment of abuse that he is subjected to. You don't want him to suffer from this terrible behavior and don't want him to learn that it is okay or normal. You can't personally do so much, but you can have the police get involved. This boy should not be in that home!

I hope that you will truly do whatever you can do, for the sake of this boy, his safety and life. My sincere wishes for the best results and my heart pours out to your SS.