You are here

It never ends......Can he do this????? UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

dpowers's picture
Forums: 

hey everyone
well it just never ends i got papers from my lawyer saying my x husband wants to stop supporrt and sign away his rights to my 10 year old daughter..he is not her real father and he knows this we where split up because he messing around and i did the same i know 2 wrongd dont make a right but it happened well we got back together and he knew she wasnt \his but we sayed married and he signed the birth cert and has raised her for 10 years has visitation and all but she hasnt been with him in a year because he decided his new girlfriends was more important and now he says hes tired of paying for a child thjats not his. her bio dad died when she was old so all she has had was the x.we go to court on the 12th whats his chances??????

Well we went to court and guess what??? its going to trial i guess the judge has nothing else to do. so now i have to get everyone that knows hes a damn lier to come testify...
i swear it never ends right when it looks like things will get better bang some thing else happens.....not sure how we can have a trial when its my word against his. any one ever heard of a case like this going to trial???

Chel Bell's picture

Wow, that sounds like a heartless,"heat of the moment" type of decision. I'm sure he will regret later in her lifetime. But his chances, unfortunatly, are really good. He's not her bio-dad , so he's not required to pay support and can sign away his rights. As far as the laws go in the state I'm in , he can go along freely..to fight it may not be worth it to you, it could end up causing you more pain. You are better off seeking financial help from your state, for you & your daughter. This is really sad , that he feels this way. Chel

sarahbernheart's picture

how can a "father" do that to this little girl.

it would be awful for her I would think to find out that her dad whether by blood or not does not want her in his life, what an asshole.

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

h7's picture

I think that if he wants to get out of her life so much it might be best. You might want to let him know she doesn't want him to go... but if he still doesn't care then don't let the door hit him on the rear on his way out.

My bioF didn't claim me for his until I was born looking just like him, but he never wanted anything to do with me. I feel as his daughter that I was better off. Sometimes it pissed me off, but it was less drama & bullcrap.

Hipi

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

sarahbernheart's picture

I think the "dad" should be the one to sit down and tell his "daughter" what he is doing
either way he is a prick.

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

Chel Bell's picture

You were saying that her bio dad had died...do you have any relationship w/ his family?? Long shot....but if they are a part of your daughters life, they may be willing to help you. If not than I will remove my rainbow glasses ....and forget this post. Chel

Sasha's picture

Legally speaking, your ex is the father. He accepted responsibility and the courts will not relieve him of his obligation. Like Steve said, the time for him to contest paternity is long over. He does not have to exercise visitation but he will still be financially responsible for your daughter. The only way at this point that he will be able to terminate his rights is if their is a step-parent willing to adopt her.

dpowers's picture

and yes he knew from day one he wasnt her dad, and now that he has done the dna hes claiming he didnt know he wasnt her dad hes just an asshole i hope the judge lets him sign away his right because i agree with everyone that he dosnt deserve her.and all this started after he got with this family friend of ours when we where married and she has hated me since day one because i call her what she is a crack head dope smoking drunk whore... and im being nice here,lol.and her real dads family never had any thing to do with her because asshole wouldnt let them and they didnt want to confuse her. i really dont care about the money or him but i had to get a lawyer and fight him because he wants me to repay all the child support that he has payed me since the divorce.

Chel Bell's picture

He wants u to repay HIM??? Just when I thought I heard it all. That is sick. If his g-friend is that bad, it's better he sign away, so she will not be allowed to be around your daughter. Chel

dpowers's picture

he wants me to repay him....my lawyer thought it was funny too but with my luck im not laughing. i havent carried him to court for anything he has carried me 3 times in a year and a half, 1st he wanted to change where he picked her up at because he hates the fact that im remarried and has moved on he got remarried 2 weeks after we got divorce and it lasted 6 months.thje 2nd he wanted full custoidy because i was unfit that didnt work so now this. like i said it never ends. she has had blood work done yes i didnt think of that.....thanks

sweetthing's picture

someone else on this site whose husband pays child support on a child who is biologically not his. I think that he thought the child was his & then it turned out the ew had cheated. I believe they went back to court & since it had been so many years the judge ruled he was to contunue with the support.

Anyone else remember this?

It sounds like it would be in your & your daughters best interest to be free of this charmer, however to think you are going to pay him back when he knew the whole time is a bit much.

dpowers's picture

Luck im off to court tommorrow and im scared i just hate everyone
looking at me and im sure he will come his army uniform to get the judges support every time he has carried me to court he wears that....

dpowers's picture

Well we went to court and guess what??? its going to trial i guess the judge has nothing else to do. so now i have to get everyone that knows hes a damn lier to come testify...
i swear it never ends right when it looks like things will get better bang some thing else happens.....not sure how we can have a trial when its my word against his. any one ever heard of a case like this going to trial???

wednsdayschild's picture

Okay..I understand you are hurt and so will be the child. But, My husband is paying for a child that is not his. He just found out that hes not and we are going back to court. There is a thing called " Paternity Fraud" in many states. However, the parent has to be able to prove that they had no knowledge whatsoever that the child was not theirs. Thats where it helps us out. See, in our case, the mother knew, but never told anyone that we knew of until we did a Dna test. Then she came clean. When the child asked who his real father is, she told him she didn't know because she was drunk. There are alot of ins and outs in this case. For instance, she does not work, while my husband and I pay her, work every day, and pay the insurance. We hardly ever get to see the child, but not because we don't want to. We ask, she denies. So.... with that being said, if he knew and you can prove he knew, you have a good chance of him continuing to pay. If he didn't and he can prove he didn't then he has a good chance. Regardless of age of child.