You are here

International Child support?

Gia's picture
Forums: 

I have always wondered how would child support work in my case...

I used to live in Dominican Republic, until Jan 2007, and got pregnant the day before I came to USA to go to college. I haven't seen him again since that day. He was my ex at the time my son was conceived, I was incredibly drunk and he basically took advantage of me, but anyway, after I found out I was pregnant we kept a "phone relationship" and we were planning on "living together" but he didn't have a legal way of coming here, so I was obviously the one who had to go back to DR but I realized he was no good, he was a loser, and I wanted a better life for my child here in U.S, well, I went throughout my pregnancy, labor, dealing with newborn all by myself, he used to call me like every other day to see how things were... well, he never ever sent a penny, a bottle, diapers, nothing, just the "call", I even sent my son to DR with my parents and sisters over there for two weeks, and he met him (he was 9 months) and has never questioned that he is his child, and they look alike and everything. Well, he came back here, and NOTHING, I thought that maybe he never sent anything for him, because he didn't even know him, but he spent time with him in several occasions while my son was there. But the situation NEVER changed, he would just call every now and then, to see how he was doing, the exact way I would talk to a friend that asked about how my son is doing. My family has sent things for him, many, many times... and they have come to visit many times, and he has known, and has never sent ANYTHING... He even confessed me that he had another baby (while he was convincing me to go live to DR with him and his mom, he was getting this other woman pregnant) so he got her pregnant like a few days after my son was born ANYWAY... he DOES help to pay for his second child expenses.

I told him that I wanted him to stop calling, because that was the stupidest thing "How is he doing?" "good", "oh, ok"... while I had all the responsibility and everything... it wasn't just fair. well a lot of drama followed that, but basically last time he called was on october for his birthday, and it was like a 35 second call, and thats it, we had MSN and he begged me not to delete him because that was the only way he could know about our son, (he lost my phone number, very responsible...) but one day he signed in and started insulting me for no apparent reason, I told him I was going to delete him and he was like "i don't care" so I did, it has been like 2 months like that...

That is just some background info so you can have an idea of what type of father he has been, etc...

IS THERE A WAY I CAN MAKE HIM PAY CHILD SUPPORT?

By the way, I don't think he works, and his mother supports his lazy 22 year old ass and his gf and their son together...!!! (THATS WHAT HE WANTED FOR ME!!!! HELL No)

I really don't think I would ever make him pay CS because that would mean that he has some sort of power in his life, and I don't want him in his life, (well, he took that decision) and my child has his father (DH) that loves him and has been his paternal figure since like 4 months old.

My son's sperm donor's name is not in any legal document, his birth certificate has only one name, mine...