You are here

Ya'll won't believe this one!

The Triangle's picture

So in brief bm sucks and doesn't and cannot care for ss 9. Dh and I took bm to court for full custody in Nov and lost. (she got a job and a stable place and because dh was recently laid off she didn't look unfit, or more unfit) Blah blah blah, in January of 2012 bm decides she wants to move back to her parents 3 hours away to go to beauty school. We wrote up an agreement to include every other weekend visitation, child support and a return date of June 15th after she graduated. NONE OF WHICH HAVE HAPPENED! In the court agreement we have ss in july and bm has him in august. Bm brings him home last night and doesn't say anything to dh about when she will pick him up, where she lives, when school is out... DH has emailed, text called, emailed, text, called, and no response on when she will take responsibility. So I call, ask, she says no she will not be in town on her week, yells, hangs up and doesn't answer any calls from DH either :jawdrop: DH calls her folks, her mother states she still has a LOT of schooling and will not return to our area. SS also tells us that he barely saw her over the month and that she would sometimes spend days away and then tell him she had car trouble. No call, or anything! Now DH and I are forced to take her back to court to have her sign over her rights, she doesn't even live here!! How the hell will she get him to school or whatever? And in what world can you just assume something so big as "O, you guys can still take care of him right?"

Now don't get me wrong DH and I are okay with taking care of ss and don't really need her money but we sure as hell can't afford to take her to court every year!!! UGH the nerve of some people. I need to have a fundraiser!!!!!!! Any suggestions?!

The Triangle's picture

O, and to top it off she is telling ss that when he is 11 he can choose to live with her! Well we just told him that that she lied about coming back, and about her car, and about a LOT and that if in 2 years that is what he chooses than we won't love him any less but that she will not be able to take care of him if she can't take care of herself, she is 30 ya'll!

IAmALady77's picture

A judge won't make her sign over her rights :/ At least I don't think so, but I would get ahold of a lawyer and file for an emergency change in custody like yesterday!

The Triangle's picture

Done, as long as she can't act like she has just as much say so then GOOD! Emergency change in custody will work!

christinen's picture

Smh. I would definitely take her back to court to modify custody. Make sure everything is in writing and you have a court order.

The Triangle's picture

I hear ya! BM called last night to speak to ss for his bday, DH said that she could speak to him after she spoke to him (dh) and that she had a lot of explaining to do. She got pissed, said I don't have time for this. So dh said well you can speak to ss when you talk to me about what is going on and hung up. She called back, again with the yelling and the why is it always an argument. DH calm as a summer breeze stated the same thing "you can speak to him once you speak to me". Long story short after several rounds of this bm did not comply nor speak to ss. Also, her parents (where she lives) called to speak to ss and dh happily obliged! So proud of dh for sticking up for what is right!

Some woman are just girls with years!