You are here

Two faced SD

Ilikemycatbetter's picture

SD13 was all happy and smiling all day Sunday because DH and I spent $100 on clothes for her. Then she lies about taking money from her sister. We ask her to admit that she took the money from her but instead she continues to talk about she didn't know the money wasn't hers. Even though it was in her sister's purse. (SD13 only had $6 left from her birthday but she magically had enough money to buy the rings she wanted after coming out of her sister's room.) Her sister flipped because her money disappeared. SD13 instead of doing her chores and fairly making the money, takes it from her sister. After about a half an hour of fighting with her about it, we give her one more chance to tell the truth. DH tells she has a choice to answer the question or be grounded. Instead she tries telling everyone that the money in her sister's purse was a "sister fund". DH grounds her.

This means she's not allowed to use the cell phone we bought her. We get reports every night of her data and usage so we can make sure she is not using it at school. This includes her instant message conversations. One pops up last night where she calls DH crazy all the time for grounding her. I flipped but DH said I should let it go. I didn't, I texted her last night: Next time you decide to call your father names to your friends, just remember I pay for the phone that you do it with. She gets it from BM who constantly rewrites history and slams us constantly on social media. Sorry SD, lying and stealing in my house is not acceptable and you're the crazy one if you think it is ok. I'm so sick of this lying, two faced and back stabbing behavior. And DH just takes it.

Andie91801's picture

I'm sorry it happened

DH wil continue to be a wimp with his daughter...happened with mine. He continues to take and take her abuse, lies, ungrateful and disrespect with one hoping that someday SD will love him. Haven't seen it and i don't believe it will happen...She just like her mother...only loves herself and money.

I would install camera in every room and have a talk to your DH about you will report to a cop if she's caught on camera. Lying and stealing is not tolerated in my house. My Skids lie and steal from their mother but wouldn't dare to that in my house because they know I will report them without hesitation. They also know if they come to me asking for money when i thought it's reasonable i would give it to them in exchange for some chores like washing car, cutting grass when they were 12/13. They didn't like it but had to work for money.

My husband and I had an agreement that since he pay child support then that's it. Whatever he wants to spend extra on his children then he has to put exactly the same amount in our kid bank account. And it works out for us.

Best of luck.

A.

Ilikemycatbetter's picture

I forgot to mention we don't have home phone service so she has to keel the phone on the counter for emergencies only. She sent the message at 2pm so she must have done it while we were working.

Gracefulsilver's picture

It is always hard on the step parent when stuff like this happens.  Especially if BM is working against you.  Keep strong and do not compromise who you are or you will begin to hate yourself for putting up with it

Lollybobs's picture

'Next time you decide to call your father names to your friends, just remember I pay for the phone that you do it with'

Love it!