You are here

Stickers are evil.

iqrt's picture

I don't know how many times I have repeated the phrase, "Stickers belong on paper, and NOTHING else."

Where are the stickers, you ask?

On the windows, garage floor, coffee table, and the walls of her bedroom.

I swear I am going to personally destroy all stickers. I hate them. I hate hate hate them.

Also, is it really too much to ask of a 5 year old to put stickers on PAPER?!

bi's picture

bd17 ruined a perfectly good dresser when she was younger by putting stickers all over it. now at 17, it looks pretty ridiculous. my cousin took a stamper and stamped Yoshi (Mario Bros dinosaur) all over the bathroom door. we laughed about that for a long time to come, but my aunt wasn't laughing at first! maybe you could get sd a sticker book and she would be more likely to put them where they belong? then again, putting them where they don't belong seems to be irresistable to most kids, so maybe not.

One tired chick's picture

Wait till she draws you a picture on your fridge with a permanent magic marker :jawdrop:

bi's picture

a friend of mine told me that when she was a kid, (she's 51), she had an overwhelming urge to write the F word on a closet door in her mother's lipstick. so she did. she said she got a whipping she never forgot, and the stain never came out, either. apparently lipstick doesn't like to be washed off of whatever that door was made out of. Smile

PeanutandSons's picture

When we were kids, my sister scratched her name into her bed, and her drawers of the dresser with a tack. She then realized that our mom would know who did it, since it was her name and only on her stuff. So she proceeded to scratch my name on all my drawers and on my bed.

We both got spanked and punished for it because my mom didn't believe.that I had nothing to do with it, and my sister lied and said I did it too so she wouldn't be the only.one in trouble.

We had that same bedroom set until we moved out and went to college.

FeuilleMorte's picture

Don't you hate that?

My brother shot me with a BB gun. There was really no way he could spin that into being my fault Smile

PeanutandSons's picture

And everytime anyone would ask about it she took great pleasure in laughing over how she got me in so much trouble.

And she wonders why we no longer speak....

bi's picture

so she never changed? further proof that kids being little asses isn't always because they are "just kids". sometimes they are "just asses" for their whole lives!

PeanutandSons's picture

Nope, never changed. Her tactics have changed, but she's just as mean and selfish as she was as kids.

Which is what really depresses me about the skids. At this point I have no hope that will change who they are.

bi's picture

i have a cousin who used to do awful things to her sister, including trying to drown her in the kiddy pool. then she grows up and has kids and gets frustrated when her 2 year old smears yogurt on the high chair tray and in her hair. she screams at the top of her lungs at this child, scaring her half to death and practically throws her in the bathtub, screaming at her that she's a "skank".

she gets pregnant with her 3rd while she and her now exdh are having problems (because of HER), and she tries to get people to give her money for an abortion. no one will, so she starts taking birth control pills, hoping it will cause her to miscarry. that unwanted baby is now 9.

she would scream at her oldest, at 4, for not "watching" the 2 year old and baby. the younger ones would get into stuff, and the 4 year old would get punished for it because she "let" them do it.

her 2nd child had a habit of eating things that you don't eat. one day, she got up on the table and into my bag and got my medicine out and ate a pill. somehow that was my fault. my fault that she didn't watch her kid. my fault, even though that was far from the first time that kid ate somehting that wasn't food while in her mother's care.

she would get frustrated at all the kids and scream at them that she was gonna "shit on your head!". a neighbor lady brought the 2nd child home at 2 years old because she was out wandering the streets completely naked while mom and dad were too busy fighting to watch her.

i could go on for days. she didn't want any of her kids, then she went and had a 4th that she didn't want. another scary thing is that she is now an RN.

she was born evil and hasn't changed one bit in her 32 years.

janeyc's picture

Im with you there, my sd6 loves stickers, she is allowed to put them on her wardrobe and her fairy castle and paper of course, plus once she has put a sticker on agreed places she is not allowed to pick them off, if she did put them anywhere else she knows that I would not allow her to have anymore stickers, as simple as that, what does your partner say about this?