You are here

SS to go hunting with his new stepdad instead of visiting dad

skylarksms's picture

SS was supposed to come for the weekend tonight. He texted yesterday saying that he wasn't going to come because he is going to go hunting instead with his stepdad.

My DH has been bugging him for almost 2 years to get his Hunter's Safety course taken so THEY could go hunting together.

Of couse, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon Smile to figure out that the manipulative damn PB is behind this. She LOVES to pull stunts that will hurt my DH but yet she can have plausable deniability ("I didn't suggest that to hurt HIM! You are mistaken.")

Bitch.

skylarksms's picture

Oh, and this is his first time hunting...and his sister has already been PASed out.

Lauren1438's picture

I would say no It is your husbands parenting time and his right to take his son hunting.

purpledaisies's picture

Why does ss have the power to say he doesn't want to come??? I would tell him nope sorry but this is MY weekend and I chose that you will spend it with me.

skylarksms's picture

He has this power because the courts don't do anything to PB for violating court order.

We took in TWO PAGES of denial of visitation (one line per incident) and all she got was a $500 contempt of court fine for Willful Violation of Visitation and another ass-chewing from teh judge (about the 4th time the butt chewing by a judge has happened).

PB's standard response, "It is between you guys, not me."

Lauren1438's picture

If you have the court order go to pick him up and call the cops. I guess I am really confrontational these days but I am tired of BM's thinking they are above the law and rules of a CO. If it is your weekend and his step dad takes him without your permission wouldn't you consider it kidnapping?

skylarksms's picture

Not in this ultra-conservative, pro-BM state. The police don't want to get involved in "custody disputes." Nope, because that doesn't pad the pockets of LAWYERS!

skylarksms's picture

That's what DH said. If he forces him to come, then SS would just be mopey all weekend.

I am planning on confronting SS about it. I am sure that DH will be appalled but I think that he (we) deserve a direct answer. "SS, WHY would you make plans to go hunting with your stepdad when you KNOW that your DAD wanted to take you hunting?? Don't you think that would hurt him? Why not just come over and slap your dad right in the face?"

I will keep my opinions about his POS "mother" to myself.