You are here

SMs cutting sks hair

Anon2009's picture

How do you feel about it?

I have never cut my SDs hair and have no plans to. Dh takes them to a salon regularly and they wash their hair daily.

If they came over here with lice in their hair when they only came over EOW, I'd have taken pics to save for court and/or send the pics to CPS on bm. In fact, I did have to take pics to send to CPS on bm, of their hair and unexplained wounds on their bodies. It helps them to see that these kids are being truly neglected.

Lalena75's picture

I've cut SO's dd's hair well her bangs because she was getting in trouble at school messing with them as they were in her eyes. I don't even want to discuss what we went through with lice in her hair and only ever just her no one in my home ever got it but boy it was work to make sure it didn't infest my home, to the point it went on over a year, SO and I and her sat in tears for 4 hours going through lice infested hair with the biggest fattest lice I've ever seen it made me sick. After SO took her to a doc over the lice and bug bite sores all over her and the doc called cps on BM lice finally have been gone for 4 months. SO almost shaved her head but I wouldn't let him that's when I made him get a doctor involved (plus he and BM was using generic lice treatments I went and spent a fortune on the good stuff)

RedWingsFan's picture

Nope, wouldn't do it. That's what their mothers and fathers are for.

Now, like Sheldon's case, if there was an issue with lice, I'd have the father deal with it before I'd ever step in.

Regardless of my relationship with stepdevil (whether it was good or bad), altering the kid's appearance isn't my job or responsibility. I won't take credit whether it was a great improvement or a hideous travesty!

Starla's picture

Been there to the point of going to an Urgent Care app. Can only use so much medication on young children is why. Of all things..Downy Fabric Softener once a week for ten minutes prevented eggs from sticking to the scalp. Bye Bye to head lice!