You are here

Is SD mimicking BM?

Step-Volgirl's picture

During pick ups/drop offs, BM and DH and/or me will pass along anything important involving SD. Usually, it's very cordial. The few times that DH wasn't there, BM always finds a way to try to stir up crap in our marriage. The latest - "SD's been asking why her daddy can't just marry me again. I told her that it didn't work with us for a reason the 1st time and besides I'm with guy#3 now."

So, is this BM stirring up crap? or a result of SD missing DH? or is SD starting to stir up crap like BM?

oldone's picture

Tell her that people learn from their mistakes and smart people don't make the same mistake a second time.

Of you could add how some people just outgrow their partner especially if they marry too young.

princessmofo's picture

Because she's a jealous, soul sucking black hole of a woman (and I use the term "woman" loosely. To quote my wonderfully verbal mother, "She needs to get a freaking life".

20 plus's picture

BM told our SKIDS if it wasn't for me she would be living in our (rather nice) house and driving the fancy car. Never mind she never has worked in 20 years I've known her and she lied and stole from DH and his family. I encouraged him to follow dreams and put on long hours making our business work and raising BMs kids! I wouldn't think SD is to blame for that, BM is stirring the pot even if SD said it. Of course kids want mom and dad together you BM is feeding into it and teaching her it is ok to devalue you. Funny how the BMs don't mind using us as babysitters and cash cows so they can belittle us.

Smomof3's picture

Our BM thinks my husband owes her a relationship. Just because she's a lesbian and a recovered crack addict, he should have waited for her. It's been 11 years and she's still going on about it. Up until 7 years ago she was telling the kids they would get back together. One of them finally told her that would never happen.

snowdrop's picture

Who knows if SD even said it at all. BM wants to stir up drama with you (what a ballsy thing for her to say! wow.) I would find a way not to interact with her when you need to pick up SD. I'm not sure that I would respond to or interact with her at all in the future. She clearly wants the drama, maybe saying nothing at all would be better than confronting it?

Jellybeam's picture

My SD is a just like her mother, and I once told her, "your dad said even if I DIED, he would never get back together with your mom". He said that so I had no problem repeating it. I understand about the "owed relationship" . BM thinks she needs to tell DH her problems because they have a son22 and Sd11. So they go back 22 years...big whoop. I go back 20+ years with my ex, but we talk about our kid-that's pretty much it. I don't want to hear about his problems, he creates them. That said, I would give him a kidney if he needed one, but a "relationship" would disrespect my husband and my ex's wife. I know what it feels like to have an intrusive c*** trying to get attention.