You are here

Preparedness

MamaBass's picture

DH and I are headed out of town this weekend with BS2, Stepspaz12, and SS17. It is a family function that I cannot get out of. I bailed last weekend, and this annual weekend I actually enjoy- aside from skids being there. I actually do like DH's family.
So, I am curious how you prepare for weekends such as this- not going is not an option! I have been a SM for 3 years and I still cannot seem to get in the right mindset to deal with these brats 24/7 for 3 days. I am mostly disengaged.
Any tips appreciated!

Maxwell09's picture

Ride there together and then attach yourself to whichever family member the skids dislike the most. If GrandmaDH likes to rag them for saggy pants and emo hair become her bestfriend. If Aunt Nancy keeps saying how much she wished they didnt have cell phones or nags them about never enjoying "nature" like she used to do then be her best friend when GrandmaDH has to hit the toilet. Or you can take the easy way out and wander off "lost."

Shaman29's picture

I believe a stepparent invented the ipod. Best way to disengage. Music and podcasts.