You are here

please try and keep me sane

hunibuniboo1001's picture

I have the 2 stepsons for the entire weekend. Please try and keep me sane. I know alot of people have it a lot worse than me but I have a 3 month daughter and the eldest son will not leave her alone so I have to keep a 24/7 watch and cant relax. What do I do to keep me sane ?

Cocoa's picture

to keep sane, if your dh isn't home, skids don't come. if he IS home, he civilizes his kids. if neither of these are possible, i'd move.

CatchyUserName's picture

I've been working on disengaging for a little over a year now and this is my first weekend of full disengagement...meaning, I will not be at home when SS is in my house. So I have a full weekend of visits with friends, shopping, spa appointments, etc. booked. I will basically sleep at home and that is it. I know that would be really hard to do with a baby but can you schedule some play dates? Find some mommy and baby classes? I like the idea of visiting grandma (or any relative within a 50 mile radius?). Do you have a friend who wouldn't mind if you spent some time at her house, just hanging out? Is there a way to segregate your house into "their rooms" and "your rooms"?

They are 9 and 5 their dad is here but they just don't really listen and that's a good idea going out or putting a tv in their room

Luckily they are going today thank the lord. The both woke me and my baby up early this morning grrrrrrr