You are here

O/T Starting a new job - need encouragement

AmIWicked's picture

So yesterday the president of my department informed us that the entire department is moving several states away. (of course we are offered to accompany the move-but I'm not going to uproot).

So I was offered a job continuing to do what I do for my corporate office, but instead of being salaried, I will be commission only (1099) as an independent agent/consultant/representative. I did my job well, but I'm scared to be without salary for the 6-9 months it will be til I can build back up my client base (as all the accounts I've been working on will now be managed from the moved department- I will have to find new clients and recruit to manage. And actually I have the potential to earn more in this position, just not at first.

My husband has encouraged me and said he knows I can do it. I'm just scared.
We have cash saved up. And my husband makes a good living. But my income always made us not have to worry as much about money....and now I'm worrying.

Orange County Ca's picture

I went through a similar situation and just took money out of savings to make up for the loss until things were back to normal. This is why you have savings.

It really is unfair you lose your previously cultivated clients. Bastards.