You are here

O/T Need Advice! DH's Bday

smarmy's picture

Ok y'all.

DH's Bday is in 2 weeks and I have NO idea what to do for him!

He is already difficult enough to shop for that he has picked out his gifts already (which I am TOTALLY okay with)

He has made it clear that he does NOT want a party which I will respect but I still want to do something special for him. Yes he will get a special *ahem* "present" later on Wink but i'm not talking about that either lol

I just want to do something to make him feel special because he always goes out of his way to do something for me and surprise me...even when it's not my birthday!

Anything y'all have done in the past or any suggestions??

Thanks Smile

HarleyQuinn's picture

hi, can you maybe do just a small party with close family? my DH hates parties and is really shy, so thats what I done for his recent bday. I got personalised balloons, cake topper, cup cakes and all of his favourite food cooked...he absolutly loved it

HarleyQuinn's picture

hi, can you maybe do just a small party with close family? my DH hates parties and is really shy, so thats what I done for his recent bday. I got personalised balloons, cake topper, cup cakes and all of his favourite food cooked...he absolutly loved it

smarmy's picture

Yeah he REALLY doesn't want a party....he hates it! I know sometimes people say "I don't want a party" but really do....this is definitely not the case with him! lol

He just always has these awesome surprises for me, for instance:

Valentines Day: He took off work and dropped 5 different flower arrangements off starting small and getting bigger each time. This was also along with choc-strawberries, candy, teddy bear, and cards <3 It was so awesome and so sweet! Then I came home from work and he had made me a LOBSTER dinner which is my ultimate favorite! He worked so hard and devoted a whole day to surprising me.

2 Weeks ago: I went on a girls weekend trip with my 2 best friends. Before I left I had been complaining to him how much I hated our dresser. When I came home on Sunday he had bought and refinished an entire new bedroom set and new bedding as a surprise for me! I was elated and still am.

He arranges little things like this all the time just to make me smile, so now you see why it is so important that I do something like this for him.

I am racking my brain and coming up empty. I was going to buy tickets to Aerosmith (he loves them) but they were $400/ a person :jawdrop: !!