You are here

number one mistake

forever2's picture

I have been asking this question of myself lately, and I am curious what others on this site would answer... What is the biggest mistake you ever made? I sometimes wonder on the bad days, if I am living my biggest mistake

mmmpork's picture

Not having enough self confidence and not believing in myself. That's changing though Smile

purpledaisies's picture

My biggest mistake was to let dh go when I was 19. If I hadn;t done that we would have a very different life. No bm or skids!!! Just me dh and my kids and maybe one together.

quippers01's picture

I think about this same exact thing all the time. I wish I had been ready for a good man when I first met H 18 years ago. If I had, there would be no exes or skids...just us and our own kids. Pretty picture perfect life.

NewBeginning's picture

My biggest regret is that I stayed too long in a very unhappy marriage. I lost so much of myself..I can remember lying in bed crying while my ex husband was in the living room watching TV..I would just want to call my mom to come pick me up and I felt so hopeless..I was just miserable due to his cheating and - like a fool, I stayed. I think my daughter would be better off today if I had left a long time ago. In fact - I know she would have. Sad

CustodialSM's picture

My biggest mistake was to stay with my drug addicted abusive ex for 4 and a half years! But on the bright side it has made me appreciate what a true man my DH is Smile

FaceLess's picture

Biggest mistake hands down is always keeping my mouth SHUT. I have always been the peace keeper, the quiet contemplator. Thinking the world would end if someone was mad at me...
I've done alot of crazy shit in my day, used drugs for a very long time, but getting over that hump is not a big of regret as not saying what I want to say! I've been changing that, and lately maybe saying to much, ha! I never even knew why, just the thought of pissing off anyone, or someone being angry/mad at me...even people I don't like has fu*ked with my head. Fu*ked thing about that is, BM is responsible for this new "say what I want and fu*k the hell of if you don't like it" version of me...hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Also a regret is not being with DH the first time I had the chance in highschool...he thinks we were meant to get seperated so many years ago and be reunited when we were more mature and experienced life...maybe he is right.

quippers01's picture

"he thinks we were meant to get seperated so many years ago and be reunited when we were more mature and experienced life...maybe he is right."

I try to tell myself this when I'm regretting not giving H a better chance so long ago...and then SD comes for her visit and I just can't buy what I"m selling...I f'd up then and I'm paying for it now.

Moon Child Step Mom's picture

Same here exactly… DH and I were in each others high school class (back to HS mistakes!!!) and were the best of friends, but we each had these abusive albatrosses around our necks at the time.

Though we mourn the loss of the15 some years we *could* have spent together (negating all of the traumatic crap that went down for both of us during those years) we both agree that we had to go through our own personal hells to become the strong people we are today. I truly think if we had gotten together when we were just kids than we would have grown apart in our adult years. I’m really grateful we *found each other* when we did…

My two biggest mistakes were taking my extracurricular activities more serious than my studies in high school… my crappy grades dictated what school I went to after AND my limited choices in a career path. AND marrying my extraordinarily craptacular high school boyfriend… he’s damaged my life in ways that will never be repaired. I can’t stress enough how important the choices we make in those four little years can be… it’s a lot to put on a 14 year old, but it’s the truth.

*laughs* my poor skids are going to be lectured to death when they get older… DH made the same academic and high school sweetie marital mistakes… they’re goanna be so scared that I doubt they’ll date till after college.

*laughshard*
Or go back with Forrest Gump and invest in that “produce” company..?!?!?

wriggsy's picture

I wish I would have been a better student in HS and then gone to college. Who knew I would love learning so much now! I wish I had more of my own backbone. I have always let too many people wipe their feet on me and now...it's hard to stand up for things I know to be right (for me, my daughter, my husband, my family, etc)

I wish I would have traveled before I had a family. I wish I would have lived MY life a little more before I became a wife/mother.

I wish I would have called my dad back later that day instead of leaving a message that I would call him back tomorrow. I did tell him I love him in the message, but I wish I could have told him that one last time....