You are here

Need to vent...

laballard's picture

Okay so BM in our case has majority custody, which basically screws my DH in making any decisions for the best interest of his child. Anyway, my SS4 had "summer school" this past week to prepare him for kindergarten this year. DH and I went to his school and got his school supply list because we were planning on going ahead and buying his school supplies.

Today, since it was our weekend, it was time to take SS back to his mother's house. While we were on the way, she called saying that she was at the dollar store and we HAD to bring him there to her, which was ridiculous. Anyway, we waited outside while she shopped and when she finally came out, my DH told her that we were going to buy his school supplies. She then said "You're going to have to wait because I'm moving and he's going to be going to a different school."

Now, this wouldn't really be a big problem if she wasn't moving to a dirty town where literally everyone in the town does drugs. The schools are just awful, and I've never seen anyone actually leave that town once they're in. Also, SS doesn't want to go to that school because he won't be able to see his friends that he made last year.

I know there's nothing that can be done, we've already consulted an attorney, it just really ticks me off. I don't want my husband's child being in a place like that. What's even worse is that she's moving into a house without a working AC.

This woman drives me crazy. She acts like Super Mom when she has four different kids with four different guys and lives in two bedroom house with all of them, AND with her and her husband's low life friends. I've actually seen this woman at my SS's tee ball game with her daughters. She wasn't even paying attention to them at all and her two year old ended up falling off the bleachers and busting her head open and all she ended up doing was laughing about it instead of taking her to the hospital.

I love my SS and my DH but dealing with this woman is ridiculous.

herewegoagain's picture

Don't you wonder what the HE$%^#$^F#$%#$%#CK these men were thinking when they had kids with these pathetic women? My DH gets mad at me when I say that...but honestly, not my problem. I married someone who was not great at the age of 22...we ALL make mistakes...I did NOT have kids with the guy...I wasn't that freaking stupid...what the heck was my stupid DH thinking? Who knows.

PS - same thing with his daughter...she lives in a crappy side of town, pathetic schools and everything else...

porkchop's picture

First, in any case I've ever heard if either parent decides to move, they are supposed to provide a paper documenting that they're planning on moving with a minimum of 30 days notice. I myself have full custody of my son, & it's still documented that I have to provide BD with any changes to my address.
Second, maybe ya'll should consider filing for primary residence, as this will cause a home study in both homes. If they find the place is rundown & not suitable for kids then it'll work out better...the no AC thing may work in your favor.