You are here

Myspace, etc...and CPS/courts...will they do anything?

herewegoagain's picture

My DH's daughter has a private myspace page. It is private now, after numerous calls to her to make it private...However, BM does not monitor it and if she does, then she is even a bigger idiot than we thought she was.

His daughter is 14...has had a page since she was 11...Originally DH was able to get myspace to delete it since she was underage, however, she quickly made a new one and after that myspace would no longer delete it. He sent them pics of the original page showing them that it was the same child, etc...but they did nothing. Kept saying nothing they could do and that "he" could delete it. Of course, he doesn't have access to ti.

On one hand I honestly no longer care and don't want to get involved on the other hand I know that if anything happens to his daughter my DH will be very hurt...so I'm stuck on whether we should do something or not. Really, if the courts or CPS will just slap BMs hand, then it's not worth her getting even angrier at him/us and making our lives even more stressful than she already has.

Originally at age 12 she had a pic of herself in a bikini top...her "boyfriend" wrote the comment, "take the top off so I can see your t...ts!"
Imagine, BM knew about the page (they were friends in myspace) so I'm not sure why BM allowed it. It has gotten progressively worse, although it is now a private page. The reason? She constantly posts her "cell phone number" on her profile and that part of it is NOT private. Anyone can see it. In addition, she seems to be in some hip hop type dancing group or something and posts where she will be on X day (function, club, whatever) and includes her cell number and says "text it"...

My DH is worried sick that something will happen, but he has told his daughter numerous times not to post it and she says her mom doesn't mind...and takes it out for a few days and eventually posts it again.

Do any of you know if CPS would get involved with something like this? Would they say that mom is endangering this child by allowing her to do this?

I hate to say this, but after being financially ruined by the ex-witch, we are moving out of the country and I do not want to spend time for some judge to later say his daughter has to live with us BUT we can't move out of the country...cause honestly, I will not tolerate that. I've given up too much and I am sick of it...but at the same time, will CPS at least investigate or charge her with something so that she starts being a decent mother?