You are here

Just have to share!!

SummerMomma719's picture

My due date is just 34 days away!! I'm so excited!! And nervous. More nervous because I have no idea when she will be arriving. What are some signs that your getting reallllyy close if any

overworkedmom's picture

YAY! Congratulations Biggrin

Both of mine were scheduled c-sections so I never went into labor, so no advice, just congrats and I hope everything goes smoothly!

misSTEP's picture

When your water breaks Biggrin

Ummm...if I can remember that far back (23 years), the baby dropped. It felt like I was peeing every 5 minutes. Everything was so uncomfortable.

CONGRATS, though! Hope your baby comes quickly so you don't have to deal with being huge when it is really hot and muggy out!

myspoonistoobig's picture

Prepare to maybe be late, and try very hard to be okay with that. The first pregnancy I was so miserable and praying for labor all the time, and walking and trying to get it started. When it finally did get started I went to the hospital, which stalled my labor because they refused to admit me until I was atleast 4 cm dilated... anyway, it wasn't a good experience.

The second time, contractions started in the morning about 5 minutes apart. I went to work, chilled out, breathed through them.

Then I went and got a mani-pedi to help relax. Immediately after my mani-pedi my water broke, and you can tell, there is no question about it.

I went home, and about an hour later my husband caught my baby. It was awesome. The stitches after not so much, but having her was awesome.

So remember to relax. Don't try and rush it. You'll do fine. Smile

BSgoinon's picture

I was induced both times, so my "sign" was an IV filled with meds in my arm Wink however... I hear it is pretty obvious when you lose your "plug" or when the contractions start taking over.

Congrats!!

SummerMomma719's picture

Thanks guys!! I just get nervous not knowing what to expect an not having a clue when it will happen

Lalena75's picture

Nesting, you want to clean everything! Braxton hicks contractions will throw you they are not signs of labor and usually go away when you rest. Consistent tameable contractions that DON"T go away when you rest a "bloody show" which is you cervical mucus plug with a little blood in it (yes that's normal) a feeling of agitation with the contractions and pain gets more difficult to deal with. Most OB's/mid-wives will tell you to go to the hospital when your contractions are regular and between 4-5 min apart for 60 sec (you measure from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next for how far apart they are) ask your doc what they want you to do.
The worst feeling is having contractions but going to the hospital only to be sent home because it's not real labor or your contractions are too far apart because labor can last a long time!
Once your into the thick of it labor is hard work, it is painful (and the elation over having a newborn in your arms really can make you forget that) If you are doing it natural when the pain is the worst, and you just don't think you can take anymore, when your done and don't want to do it anymore it's almost over and your likely into transition hang on cause it's almost over.
If your having an epidural you won't likely feel much but pressure and really follow the nurses direction on how to push they've done this hundreds of times and if you get great nurses they will mean the world to you and your DH in those hard moments. My dd was a week late, and ds came on his due date with a little assistance (stripped my membranes and went for a walk) both kids were apx 6 hour labors
Giving birth is called labor for a reason, but the work is soooooo worth the reward of a baby in your arms, I'm going to go look at my kiddos baby books and cry now lol

thebrokenrecordmachine's picture

Every L&D is different so its hard to tell....

With my DD, she came about 3 weeks early and I was having contractions that could be timed, then my mucus plug came out, my water never broke so they had to break it then I had an all natural birth an hour after they broke my water.

Dont worry you will be fine.

If you want to go into Labour faster, i have heard having sex and also, walking and keeping yourself active(i get that it is hard to do it at this stage)!

Best of Luck!!!

Geethatsme's picture

Hahaha, this ones gross but your body does its own little self cleaning to make room for baby's exit I guess...so all of that constipation from the beginning goes the opposite direction in your coming weeks.

Anything goes though. You'll never know until it happens and no matter how ready you think you are...you're not! Good luck Smile and congrats