You are here

I no longer find my husband attractive

Ashleystepmom's picture

I've never thought I'd say this, but I no longer find husband attractive. He's tall, dark, and handsome, but nothing will make me fall in love with him again.

The sad reality is that I know he has done his best, I don't know if I just had some sense of entitlement issue, or the problem is just me. But when I look at his face I just feel resentment.

When I married him, I was a happy go lucky 20 something childless woman. Now, I am in my early 30s and I have a son with him whom I love very much. I also have a SD8 and a MIL from hell whom I want absolute nothing to do with.

I hate when people say, "You know what you got yourself into." No, I don't. No amount of step monster book reading can prepare for the endless dramas I experience on daily basis in my own home.

I told my husband that I no longer am in love with hi. He seemed to be shocked by that statement and told me that he would give me some time to cool down. He even had the nerve to ask me if I am about to have my period.

I hate this marriage. I think the only thing makes me want to stay is my son.

I am just angry! How can anybody deal with TWO wives of a man? A mini wife and an old wife (his daughter 8 and his mother 68) Sad :jawdrop:

Ashleystepmom's picture

My husband always seems to have the idea that everything is going to be okay after I've done venting. How do I let him know that the mere existence of his daughter just bugs the hell out of me.

It is not like I cannot stand her, I just cannot stand the situation. Why do I have to walk on egg shell in my own house?! Why do I have to tolerate her talking about her mother at dinner table every God damn night when she is here. Do people deserve a break?!

Biggrin

coping's picture

Step moms have a higher expectation. We're supposed to be more patient, more understanding. We're supposed to not get upset and take in stride all the teeth kicking in. All the crazy crap BM pulls. We are to float on the egg shells with a big doofy grin on our faces. I recently told my DH I cannot make everyone else happy and put myself at the end of the list. I will try, but don't expect perfection. I do the best I can. I have delegated out the crap to him I don't want to do anymore for his child that won't respect me.