You are here

I know its long, but its complicated......

alwaysahowell's picture

I started dating my now husband (of 2 weeks) almost 6 years ago, while in college. Upon our meeting he knew he wanted to reside somewhere else. When he graduated he went through with that dream and left. I still had a year remaining, so a long distance relationship was out of the question. I said nothing to make him stay. We enjoyed his final days together and he left as scheduled. We continued to talk everyday and he realized sooner than later that he wanted to be where I (and my son from a previous relationship) was. Within this phone call he said all that I had hoped for (but never said out loud). He also broke my heart right after. Evidently he opted to make a 5 am drunk dial the night of his graduation party (side note: we were partying til 3am, I left him to bond with his friends in town for the graduation). This esteemed young lady answered so she was the option. This event as his telling "might make him a father to twins". The "might" was because this "lady" emphatically believed the father was someone else (an employed someone else- not a new college grad, whom she approached and gave her number with the classy line "I want to F*&^ you"). In the almost two years prior I knew I was in love, so I decided to take the risk (after having him tested) and he returned. Upon the birth of the kids he decided to go and swab them- so he would know. One twin was his the other- not at all. Already in it, I tried not to spaz. Finding out he knew nothing (well, one thing of course) of this female did not help. He asked her how much she wanted monthly, and he, we supplied her requested amount of 300. She demanded more said two were very expensive (note only one was our responsibility), we supplied her amount of 500. Unfortunately he did not take my original advice of putting himself on child support from the beginning, so he was increased to 700, when she had to place him on support (for milking the state in conjunction is not nice). She also started imposing the requirement that we could not have one without the other (note: no one knew that they were half siblings). Sometimes we would take both but, respectively caring for two infants is not easy. Being that it was not required we asked for just the SD and were met with screaming and an almost full year absence. Luckily, we were both fairly fresh out of college and were dedicated to living within our means, so we paid and went to court for set visitation. With this cash windfall, the BM gave up her townhouse, sold her HHR and bought a house and fully loaded mini van. This did not concern us until she started drunk dialing that she couldn't figure out where she went wrong financially, and pulled SD out of daycare, because if one couldn't go either could the other. She served him with an increase request stating that she wondered where to get more money from and thought of him! Throw in her random emails and texts regarding my husbands relationship with my son (note: he had no kids when we started dating), the temporary position I played in his life in comparison to her precious child and her frustrations with the other "father" who had provided her with false name and info when they were getting it in. Now this little person is four and I am her primary caretaker when she is with us- which is now 1 week out of the month (she finally opted to seek employment out of state- after my husband was laid off and her support reduced- now I make the money lol!BM brings SD 6 hours to avoid notifying the state that she left). SD is a physically beautiful child, however she is addicted to television (cries when it is off), refuses to learn ANYTHING (her words not mine-which is polar opposite of my son who read by 3), and I almost always have my son translate what she says (so ignoring education and watching TV all day seems criminal). Whats worse I feel not a single thing for her. I don't dislike her, just simply don't miss her or look forward to her arrival in the slightest. In truth, I become depressed. I am incapable of being in the same room with her and my husband. My family has taken her in as a second grandchild which does not bother me at all, what does is there insistence that I should just "give her love". I take care of her, why is this not enough? All she talks about is her mother (the only time she speaks clearly besides asking for food) who I would gladly see get hit by a bus (I make it a point to come into NO contact with the woman). Being that I have been tending to her since birth, I find our association to be sufficient- how can I get my husband to be okay with me quietly avoiding them and parents (both loving, ex educators)okay with me simply being a babysitter?

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Ugh. I will need a minute to process that post. Wow, what a situation you are in.

Honestly, you should just cut your losses now and move on. You are young and educated, don't do this to yourself any longer.

Anne Boleyn's picture

I've heard of it. It is so rare it makes news stories. Which is why this is difficult to believe.

bearcub25's picture

um WOW.

And here I thought only 1 egg dropped at a time. Learn sumthin new every day!

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

It's probably more common than we think... just not reported because who really doubts twins and a few days off for one of them usually go undetected?

Some women ovulate multiple times in a cycle--and voila. Twins with different daddies. It's weird, but our cycles sometimes do false peaks too, like the hormones get so close to ovulation but doesn't actually ovulate, and then you actually ovulate a week later at a second peak. That's why I suggested to SIL to get an OPK test since they've been trying, but she's convinced she "knows" when she ovulates. It's not always that simple.

I would also cut my losses and go... but she already has a kid with the guy.

I actually heard about this for the first time on Maury Povich DNA test show LOL....UGH

luchay's picture

fraternal twins result from 2 eggs being dropped and fertilised. If the BM had sex with 2 men within a 48 hour period while ovulating and dropped 2 eggs - result is fraternal twins with different dads.

realitycheckmom's picture

Maybe you should redo the DNA test on this kid to see if it got contaminated.

She wants to watch TV, let her, just turn on PBS. Smile

alwaysahowell's picture

Oh I forgot to mention- the courts administered their own test, for they were in absolute disbelief. Originally they treated my (then) fiancee horrendously (small county court outside of ours). He felt racially profiled. However, after the results were confirmed the judge was almost pitying him (I didn't - he should've capped it off sleeping with complete strangers and all- race excluded). Then they respected him for being the one to step up from SD's birth (the assumed other father has been and continues to dodge all the courts attempts to contact).

bearcub25's picture

I agree. Redo the tests.

Read lots here. There is only so much you can do as a step parent. Just work with your DS.

Carah's picture

That is so crazy I have never heard of this. Had to read that sentence a couple of times. My complaints feel superficial now. Sorry for your situation hugs to you

alwaysahowell's picture

It was too late to walk away. We truly have a great relationship (husband and I). Even when she is with us for the week, it isn't a fight, just his sad face when I decline to go out with them. He will even take my son (who ironically looks like him), I stay home. It's hard watching them together. When the results were revealed (which I had to google as well) I decided no matter our future I would NOT give him a child (we are married now and I still won't). The lack of respect from the BM is what I have found to be the most disgusting and it seems to contribute to my inability to see the SD as an interloper as well. I do feel sorry for her for one day her mother will have to tell her the truth (she already asks why her brother never comes with her). What's worse is the twin brother has no father.

In your situation it is the perfect time to walk away.

You don't seem in a happy place. I don't know how a woman gets over a one night stand that produces a child. You are a saint and so is your family. I for one, would not have subjected my son or my parents to a person like him. It is just too much baggage for me to deal with.

Good luck to you mama.

alwaysahowell's picture

I'm actually immensely happy except for one week of the month ( no pun ). As for sainthood- my parents, absolutely. They love him, because I do and aren't emotionally influenced in the relationship with my SD. It's just another child to play with. They would be the same if a complete stranger dropped off their kid. I am not innately drawn to children just because. Of course I adore my own- but he is identical in personality and intelligence (and awesome sarcastic wit) so communication and connection is simple. If I was a saint, I wouldn't get the hebegeebies at the option of hugging SD. I buy her clothes, do her hair, cook her meals but can't bond.

Disneyfan's picture

He wants another child but you're refusing?

For many people that is a major deal breaker. He may be the oneyo walk away from th marriage.

alwaysahowell's picture

He only mentions it. When we were in college and he had none, he was fully educated in the complications and risks involved in me having another child. I was willing to take said risk when he had none. In my opinion, who he went into a parenting relationship with must have been less than a concern if he opted to do so blindly with an uneducated, trailer trash, sperm waste can. I prefer not to join in on the chaos on that level. I raise his by-blow, he would have to consistently inhale arsenic laced coke to even consider wishing otherwise. In a "normal" circumstance - yes it would be a deal breaker, lol.