You are here

How can you tell if your stepchild is jealous of you ?

Wee_ag's picture

Smile hi im new to this but Im in a same sex relationship and my partner has a 10yo daughter .it hasnt always been an easy relationship between her and i and i fully admit my own feelings of jealousy and resentment.I have worked hard on these and am better now than i used to be .
Today I hugged my partner in front of her which i dont do often as were having relationship issues which i wont go into ,however the second i left the room she went straight to her bio mum and had to get a hug and when i walked past the door i swear she looked to see if id seen . This is nothing new she often over the years done i just want to know if its just me being paranoid or a genuine sign of jealousy ?

Wee_ag's picture

Thanks good advice ive just never talked about my step parenting issues before and its hard to know how to handle stuff appriciate the honestye

Disillusioned's picture

She is jealous of you, and it is normal. Try to find ways to minimize her jealously, rather than encourage it (as I'm sure you would never do) she's only 10 and it's sad for her to feel she has to compete for her mother's attention....