You are here

Hitting the roof wouldn't believe what I found today!!!

Helpless0987's picture

So I think I have reached hypertension.... I was asking the skids to pick up their mess in their bedroom, and low and behold ss16 runs out of the room... Screaming WTF holding a soda bottle with urine In it. Ss10 ( who has been pissing the bed alot lately) peed in a soda bottle last night left it in his room because he was to scared to go to the bathroom... (bed wetting now explained) this "scared" business is horseshit. Just a manipulation tech. For people to feel bad for him. This is complete laziness in my opinion. I'm so disgusted. There's no way this is the first tome he's done this. DH barley yelled at him- didn't even punish him nor did he make him take care of it himself. Yesterday ss10 also set his hair on fire. This kid is out of control!!! DH doesn't seem to even think so. Everything he touches I don't even feel is clean anymore after the bottle incident. I am so grossed out. Will this feeling pass? I don't think the kid really was punished or understood what he did was wrong and DH really didn't do much about it.

Helpless0987's picture

Also adding I now think he's peeing the bed out of laziness he just didnt last night cause his older brother was home.

Helpless0987's picture

Yes we do. BM doesnt let him drink n e think after 8 bc it's a prob. At her house to... She had him checked 3 tomes and nothing... He just pees the bed and he doesnt even tell anyone most of the time I catch it when I find his wet pajamas wadded up on the floor. It's gross.

Kilgore SMom's picture

My ss has peed the bed before and he hides his pjs too. Its only been a few time. Its been a long time since it happen. That is gross. Theres no way in hell I would clean it my self. SS peed all over his bath when he was about 5yrs now hes 7yrs. I had a fit and refuse to clean it. Dh had to clean it. After that ss didn't make that mistake again. SS knew his daddy was made. If there is no medical reason. Dh needs to find a punishment that ss would hate and start doing it.

youngmama1b1g's picture

OMG!!

I know of guys who would pee into bottles instead of going to the latrine. Then again, you had to get dressed and go outside to go to the bathroom trailer, so it was a little more understandable- but still pretty disgusting.

Perhaps some rough love would help your SS stop wetting the bed. They have those overnight underwear for kids, make him wear those to bed. Put a plastic sheet on his bed instead of a nice cloth one. Continue with your no liquid 3 hours before bed and making him clean his soiled items. I had my 5 yr old SS pulling the sheets off his toddler bed when he wet.

oneoffour's picture

Pull Ups. And no sleep overs when his friend do so.

The 'scared' thing.... whatkind of things does he watch on TV? Sometimes kids have the most STUPID reasons for doing stupid things that are completely illogical.
My parents had a holiday home that had an oputhouse for a few years. I HATED using that thing at night. I was convinced possums or hedgehogs would come up and bite me on my bum. TOTALLY illogical but I was still believing it when I was 12. Never wet my bed though.

I would back up on ANYTHING remotely scary and send him to bed and leave a nightlight on. Give him all the tools he needs to 'un-scare' himself. Oh yeah, and pull ups. I would buy them myself but take him along with you. There is no point in humiliating him more because he will wet the bed to piss you off (sorry about the pun!) Lying there in a soaking wet diaper is more likely to get the message across than the pee in a bottle thing.

Kilgore SMom's picture

I agree with pull ups and no sleep overs. But if ss is doing it because he is lazy it may cause more problems. But it may save you the cost of buying new beds every time ss ruins. Dh should spank that hinny. Thats the nice way to say it. I know alot of people don't believe in spanking kids but where I come from we do. So I would whoop tha a** if I were DH.

baseballgirly's picture

I have 2 SS. 8 and 10. The 8 year old has only had one accident since I've known them (2 years now) and the 10 year old has an accident almost every other weekend when he's here and I know he still does at his BMs house... just not sure how often. He is a very, very deep sleeper. If he falls asleep in the truck or couch or something, I swear it can take up to 10 minutes of shaking and gently pulling on him to wake him up. I know he is having accidents not on purpose and I make my SO set an alarm clock for 2:30 in the morning to wake SS10 up and make him go pee. It solved the problem completely. Given that SO sets his alarm.....

Someone mentioned being scared of silly things keeping him from getting out of bed... can totally happen. Kids have dreams and over the top imaginations. God knows someone at school put it in his head that Freddy Krugger is under his bed... Either way, a good talking to his Dad about what he's scared of and setting the alarm in the middle of the night should help fix the problem if not at least help you to understand. If your SO wakes him up and makes him go, there is NO WAY he can be lazy and sleep through it.

If you give it a shot you have nothing to lose but 5 minutes of sleep each night.

Good luck!! Smile

emotionaly beat up's picture

Hope someone has had a firm chat to that stupid teacher and made her tell the class she was only joking, it's not true about ghosts pulling your toes. Bloody idiot.

my.kids.mom's picture

I'm not sure what makes you think that a 10 yr old being too scared to go to the bathroom at night is horseshit. It is actually completely normal for a 10 yr old to have irrational fears. It's part of growing up. For years I was afraid of the thing under the bed and had to run and jump into bed so it wouldn't get me. More than likely what he is doing is holding it while awake, afraid to get up and go, falling asleep, and then it comes out on its own. One night in particular he actually outsmarted this by peeing in the bottle so he wouldn't wet the bed. I HAVE a 10 yr old, I know how they think. And there are nights when he has slept with a stick because of the "things" that appear in the night.

Your dh is a man and understands the minds of boys. He also loves his son. I would let him handle these things from now on. Skids have cooties, we all know that. But if that was your son, you would already be over the pee incident. You can choose to get over it or choose to not...it is up to you.

thefunmommy's picture

If he says he's too scared to go to the bathroom, but is waking up when he has to go, buy one of those toddler training potty seats- that HE has to empty and clean. If it really is laziness, he'll probably start using the bathroom after a few rounds of cleaning.

Irene H.'s picture

Look, I don't want to freak you out. And I could be (probably am) completely wrong. But look up the Mac Donald Triad.

Youre focusing on the bed wetting. But you also mentioned he set his hair on fire...

There are three behaviors many serial killers and mass murderers share in adolescence: bed wetting at a late age, arson or playing with fire, and cruelty to animals. You've mentioned indicators of two out of three in one post. I know I sound really out there, but just read about it. 99% chance I'm wrong. But you got my attention. Sorry. I know it's weird.

Rags's picture

Diaper time.  I would put the Skid in a diaper and not let him enter your home unless he is wearing one.  

Tell DH in front of the bed wetter "no diaper, no visit".

Humiliation and ridicule are  great behavioral modification tools for this kind of manipulative crap.

bertieb's picture

How do these old posts come back to life? 

CLove's picture

I keep looking at who is resurrecting these zombies...