You are here

He gave a dog as a gift

Mila2020's picture

Hello everybody I want to see what everyone thinks about this and Am I being unreasonable and immature.
My husband recently got me a dog because I always wanted one but i wanted to wait until my baby is a little bit older. He told me this is my birthday,Christmas and valentines day gift. 
It's funny it's not even my dog. The minute he brought her to the house I couldn't even play with her or see her. His kids took the dog and thought it's for them. She sleeps in their rooms they take her for walks and do everything for her. It is crazy That I can't have anything with his kids. My husband didn't say anything about it, I mean it'a not a big deal they can have the dog but I felt a little sad about it. I know Iam being immature and stupid but I just wanted what everyone think about this.

CastleJJ's picture

Sounds like your husband bought his kids a dog, but called it yours to get out of buying you an actual gift for a year... Absolutely not. First, I would have told him point blank that he should have consulted me, especially since dogs are a pretty big responsibility. And two, if it truly is "your dog," then the skids shouldn't be all over this dog thinking it's theirs and I would have told DH that as well. I think you have a DH problem. 

Winterglow's picture

And three, he should have bought dog training lessons as well. You don't need the extra work. 

Someoneelse's picture

I agree with this statement... sounds like they are out of a gift for birthdays Christmas and valentines.... sorry kids

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Do not clean up after that dog. Tell him that since it has been basically taken from you, it's their dog and their job to take care of it. 

shellpell's picture

It is a big deal. Your H gave you a dog for three holidays?! How cheap. And you don't even get the dog.

CLove's picture

Thats sad that he wanted to get out of giving you anything for holidays. My husband takes direction well, and when something is coming up I generally just let him know what I like.

Stepdrama2020's picture

Aint that special. Re gift the dog to DH for christmas birthday and valentines. Done, easy peasy. 

What a joke. So the skids get the joy of the dog huh? Ok then, guess they can train him and walk the pup, clean up the poop, and feed the dog. 

Merry's picture

Animals should NEVER be given as gifts, unless the adults in charge of the house agree on it.

Who gives a family dog as a gift to one person? That's just stupid. The kids wanted a dog, and he needed a gift for you, right? Bet he thought he was being so clever.