You are here

Grief for what is lost!

Want my life back's picture

I don't know if anyone on this forum has seen those signs about family and friends and love etc that are sold at shops. I love those signs about family because it reminds me of my childhood and how normal my family was. I would love to display one of those signs at home but somehow it doesn't quite fit with all the hostility about skids etc. it's like grieving for any sense of normality to what family is about- I think if I now took DH out of the equation it would feel more normal if that makes sense. I could buy one of those signs then! Any thoughts on this?

silentnites's picture

It's like the cards in the card shop where the message is so "wonderful", and you don't feel it so you put it back. You know, "To my wonderful adoring husband" blah, blah, blah. So your like "yeah whatever" and start looking for the "Happy Birthday" only card..?

It's so hard to think about removing yourself from a situation, we like to think things can work out. Sometimes we are better off. Those signs are a nice reminder in the home about what family should be. If you can't put up the sign because the feeling of normalcy isn't there, then yeah, take him out of the equation. Life is just too darn short to be miserable ya know?

Elizabeth's picture

I end up buying humorous cards for that exact reason! I read the sentimental ones and think, nope, not feeling that way right now. Don't think DH has noticed every card-giving occasion calls for humor.

Yea maybe I should get the damn sign about loving our special family and the love we share blahblah. I know it's true for my kids but let me have a bucket to spew in as it is no way how i feel about DH and the genetically inferior spawn he created from another woman!!

sandy1234's picture

On Pintrest there was this sign(that I repinned) saying, "Take a Deep Breath, You Are Home Now." it had key hooks under the words. Def making it for our house. Can remind DH as soon as he walks in and hangs his keys to leave his work at work and not bring work home..thats a problem for him sometimes..

Or welcome home sign , yes home, not your past home with another woman, your life you are living now, not your past life with past issues, embrace this life and home, your wife and the beautiful children you have together, yes your children born from pure love, you can never love two woman at the same time , as if you loved the first wife you would still be with her - but you didn't love her because you love me so love this life and stop forever falling back into your old life as you will forever be unfulfilled as you are not giving fully to this wife who will grow weary and you will not be deserving of her and she will slowly die inside.