You are here

Give me Strength!!!

lorlors's picture

Yet again, for the 5th or 6th time now, I have smelled a stench emanating from SD17's bedroom. Once more, on searching through the mess, I have found her school bag filled with rotting fruit, half eaten sandwiches and muffins. She had been at her mother's so this has been lying in there for a little over a week.

We have been down this road so many times before and nothing changes no matter what consequences we apply. Any suggestions on what we do in terms of punishment? Open to any and all suggestions. It seems that no matters what we do, she continually thumbs her nose at us and keeps doing it.

She's a filthy bloody grub. I've laid it all out to her about how we have a baby son in the house and that because of this hygiene is even more important. Nothing ever changes with this fuckwit.

Harry's picture

Until your DH starts parenting her.  Making her clean up after herself.  Two stop venting about SD, it’s your DH you should be venting about 

shamds's picture

Your hubby when he comes home from work needs to check her backpack and room. If food is left in, she has something confiscated like an electronics item so she knows daddy means business. This continues through all her hissy fits until she earns the right to her items back. 

Make life difficult, its the only way skids come into submission as they’re so used to pulling this manipulative tactic

lorlors's picture

all electronic devices away- computer, phone and laptop. That isn’t effective as we did that last time, yet here we are again.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

IMO, your DH needs to crack down on The Hoarder and crack down HARD. Nothing is sacred. Her closet, her backpack, her chest of drawers, her Tampon box... He needs to be more diligent than airport security and go through everything CONSTANTLY.

SD walks in the door?
"Hand over the backpack/purse/bag of cat ltter." 

When SD goes into her room, the only things she should be carrying: a book, cell phone, toothpick. NIP THIS IN THE BUD.

lorlors's picture

We can always trust your advice on ST! x

Siemprematahari's picture

Outside of rubbing her face in the bag with all this spoiled garbage.....................I know I know that's abusive...........    I'd tell her to physically throw it out and if she doesn't.....................I'd throw out the book bag................if she can't comprehend any other way.............perhaps this will grab her attention................

GoingWicked's picture

I’ve taken all of SD’s stuff dirty pads and all in trash bags outside so she could sort through her stuff before bringing it back in.  My own kids, I’ll go through their room and sort their stuff out, getting rid of everything they don’t need, if they won’t clean it up.

BethAnne's picture

When she is over and her room is super stinky, invite a couple of her friends over and send them all to spend some time in her room? Probably a bit harsh, but might help her realize how anti-social the stench is. 

Otherwise I would just station an air freshener outside of her room and ban your kid from going in there. Not much else you can do if your husband and the girl won't clean up. 

notasm3's picture

If your Dh is not the CP then he doesn’t have to have her. She is 17. Just ban her stinky ass from your home. Done 

lorlors's picture

And yesterday had taken to being a sulky, pasive aggressive little bitch to me. All the while I am thinking: 'how is your filth my bloody fault??!!!'

notasm3's picture

If your Dh is not the CP then he doesn’t have to have her. She is 17. Just ban her stinky ass from your home. Done