You are here

Get a skid free weekened and what does he do? Hang out with his mates and goes to work...Grrr

nakichick's picture

Well the title pretty much says it all. We get one skid free weekend a month (if we're lucky) and he says he has to work Saturday, which he doesn't end up having to, so he goes hangs out with his mates, without me. Now this wouldn't be a big deal but 2 weeks ago I got back from work after being away for 3 months so I thought he would like to spend some time with me, in a couple weeks time I will be going out to work for another 6 weeks and it is literaly impossible to spend time together. So far we have had 2 days alone together. We are going to a friends place tonight for a few drinks but he has to work again tomorrow. Its his choice to work, he doesn't have to. I'm just really aggravated. Is this just a guy thing? Cos I know if the situation was reversed I'd be spending as much time with him as possible. He doesn't get it, if I bring it up its gonna cause a massive argument, I'd be better off banging my head against a brick wall. I'm going to therapy next week, I think I'd like someone who has a degree in headcase work to tell me I'm not over-reacting. I'm keen for couples therapy but he's not as keen, I suspect he doesn't want a qualified person to tell him that I'm being reasonable and he fucks things up like this all the time.

janeyc's picture

Well I know my fdh is crazy about me but I have to remind him to spend time with me and remind him of the importance of quality time. It does drive me crazy. You say that you don't want to bring this up him with him, although I don't believe in games in relationships, why don't you hold back for a bit, almost imperceptably, it always works for me, I would not be happy if I was in your situation either.

newmommy05's picture

To be honest I think it is a guy thing. Although most guys like to spend time with their SOs, they are also clueless sometimes as to how YOU want to spend that time. IS he going about his regular schedule when you are not home?