You are here

Does Domestic Relations find out if DH gets a raise at work

littlemommy's picture

If he doesn't tell them? He is due for a pay raise sometime before the end of the yr. I know in our state (PA) the CS amt is automatically reviewed every 3 yrs. I guess what I want to know is that if he gets a raise would they notify BM that he had gotten a raise so that she could file a petition for more CS?

smallfry83's picture

In NC, they review it every 3yrs too. If there is a change in the circumstances (increase/decrease in pay or expenses for either party, etc.) either side can request a review if it is a change of 15% or more at any time. Anytime it is reviewed, I believe CS will automatically be changeded if necessary based on the findings. FDH received a "Notice of Impending Review" last week because BM believes we took him out of daycare here (2hrs from her) and he is staying with my mother who lives 5hrs from us (LOL). Therefore, she believes she should be getting more CS.
I'll let you know what happens with that one LOL

PrincessFiona's picture

In PA it's the responsibility of each party to report any change of income to DR. Outside of the 3 year review either party can file based on a change of circumstance. A normal pay raise would not qualify for a substantial change, unless of course it's a big one ! It's been my experience that they hold the bar quite high to prove a change of circumstance.

I doubt they have the means or staff to independently track down a payraise, and I don't think his employer has the right to release that info. So enjoy until the BM finds out !

Oi Vey's picture

The parties should report changes in income.
Also, in CA, they would send requests to the employer of the PAYOR ONLY to see if there was more $$ to collect.