You are here

does anyone else feel like making him chose one?

klean0722's picture

I've tried to disengage but it is so hard when the skids keep coming around! They are adults with 1 still "in the house" but away at college. I SO dread the weekends SD21 comes home that last time my kids & I left to spend the weekend at my dad's house. I just saw on facebook that she is coming home this weekend, UGH! DH & I are spending the weekend at my MIL at the lake so I don't know if SD21 will come there or not. I'm sure she will since Sunday is a family event - aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. If I find out she is staying the weekend too I guess I will leave again and come home by myself as my kids will be with their dad this weekend. I've kept quiet for so long and put on my fake, happy face and I can't do it anymore. UGH! I want to scream or pack up and move across the country!!!

redheaded_stepmom's picture

I know exactly what you mean. That is a constant struggle for me. I haven't been able to take the kids and get away, yet, but I so wish I could. I know that if he was made to choose, he would choose SD, and then do everything in his power to keep my own babies from me. That is exactly what he did to BM. When they split up, all he wanted was SD, and he has proceeded to turn SD against BM in the process. I will DIE before I let that happen with me and my kids.

livinthedream's picture

I have had the same response to my SD20...although I just told her exactly how I felt about her disrespecting ways. She ran home the next day to BM & Im told she will never come over again. My bio son once told me..if you dont want someone around you...just tell them exactly how you feel...dont have to be nice or mean!!

AVDetroit's picture

I've put my husband in a position to choose between myself and my BIL and I lost my job because protecting the BIL was more important (he's sorry for it now). I know that if I were to put my husband in the same position with his son I would lose again and it would cost me my marriage. My husband would be sorry for it, but his actions would be the same.