You are here

DH starting fights with me over SS while I'm in the hospital... for real? Kind long sorry!

tootie25's picture

So let me start off by saying my DH has NEVER been like this before. He's not typically such an ass.

But about a week ago, I woke up unable to breathe and after having a few days of pain on my left side (I thought I just pulled a muscle during a workout) DH rushed me to the hospital only to find I have a blood clot in my left lung. Unknown to me, I have a common genetic clotting disorder and mixed with me recently starting the pill- thus the clot. So anyways I was in the hospital for 8 days.

While I'm in the hospital DH came to visit after work. He works at the hospital I was in and has a weird shift from 5p-130a. He said he missed me and had been thinking a lot because of what had happened and how he could have lost me. He says "I'm excited for the holidays with you. I'm excited to have my first real family christmas." Some background- he has a 3 year old from a previous marriage and his ex cheated on him when the child was 8 months and moved out leaving him with SS3. We have a 3 month old together as well. ONly see SS3 every other weekend for a day and a half and a few holidys. So I say "Yeah, it will be your first holiday you'll be able to really enjoy." He gives me a weird look and says "ya know SS3 was here before you were." WTH? Where did that come from? I give him a weird look and brush it off. He tells me he's going to leave and then calls and says he misses me. We start talking about how SS3 is starting school and I said I'm relieved because I think school will be good for him since BM teaches him nothing and has no friends to socialize with. DH says "well its not SS3 fault that she's like that" um? I never said it was?? He mentions the fact I started a college fund for BS and not for SS and how he needs me to help him with SS3. I can't help but wonder where the hell he's been the past year but I'm pretty sure whenever I moved in with DH, SS had literally no clothes at DH's house (he has a full closet and 4 pairs of shoes) he had no bed (nice bunk bed) and BM was constantly illegally not allowing DH to see SS. Not to mention she had broken into his apartment numerous times and taken SS against DH wishes and against court order. She's insane and has a serious rep around here. DH didn't even see him during his scheduled visits because she caused so much trouble he just didn't deal with it. SS was not a priority and it made me mad. Things have completely turned around since I came into the picture so to say that I do nothing for SS3 pisses me off beyond belief. And AGAIN with the guilt trip about the college fund. I told him that he pays $700 a month for SS and under $100 a month for BS is not a big deal. He didnt say anything back. I told him that if BM was so concerned she could use a portion of the CS to save for college.

I feel like he's battling his own issues and then putting them on me. But here I am in the hospital, and he's starting fights with me. I'm at the end of my rope with this guy. I'm not going to sit here and deal with the drama of his ex and everything that comes with that if I can't even depend on him to even be nice to me while I'm sick. I don't deserve to be treated like this. I have no clue how to deal, any suggestions?

Disneyfan's picture

Why are you and BM the only ones expected to start a fund for SS? If it's so important to dad, why isn't he taking care of it?

alwaysanxious's picture

What is it with this college fund crap. This is the second post where a bio dad thinks stepmom should do this. YOU are not the parent, YOU are not responsible financially for college for this child, who may or may not even go.

YOU are sick and HE should be helping. "DH, if you can't be helpful to me right now then please leave me alone. Your child's financial future is yours and BM's responsibility. Now I'm going to recover from the BLOOD CLOT IN MY LUNG. Idiot."

Delilah's picture

TBH I am going to wholeheartedly agree with the previous poster.

You are unwell and really need to focus your energy on yourself right now, and my advice is to push aside that hurt and shock you are feeling over your DH's behaviour and get ruthless.

Personally I would be asking my family to come in and make sure I have everything while you are in the hospital and tell your DH directly - no holding back on your emotions on this one - and tell him if he is more concerned about making snide comments, using your vulnerable situation to his advantage in order to get you to agree to financing yet more things for ss - when all you are thinking about is pulling through this in order to ensure your baby actually continues having a mother - than your health and wellbeing then perhaps he needs to reassess whether he should even come see you at all. I would add, "you concern and pain over the thought of possibly losing me, sure was short lived. Proof of deep feelings and great prioritising."

Blunt and cold? Yes. For sure, but definately deserved and needed. He needs to be shamed which as his wife is your department. What a dickhead.

alwaysanxious's picture