You are here

BM, can you at least pretend that was a kid's Christmas present?

AmIWicked's picture

The kids came home from BM's Sunday "quasi-excited".
I say that because BM bought herself a new tv and put it in the livingroom AND TOLD THE KIDS, "your Christmas gift is that you guys are getting the old tv for downstairs."
(Not wrapped, not a surprise christmas morning)
The kids said the one that was down in the basement was broken and had a multicolored spider web in one corner so they do like that they are getting it replaced.
I know I'm nit-picking but she gets them back 9am christmas morning... she could have waiting to put her new tv up, and move the old tv...
Made it a little more special for the kids if that really is "THE GIFT" for Christmas they are supposed to be excited about,... they aren't.

They came home to us saying, "Mom bought a new tv for herself and gave us the old one and told us it was our Christmas present."

They are teenagers, not little kids... that might have worked when they were little, but they might be finally figuring out BM is more concerned with pleasing herself than pleasing them.

I really hope BM has SOMETHING else even if it is small for the kids... she makes good money and so does boyfriend and they live in a paid for home that was given to them by boyfriend's mother... they can certainly afford it.

hereiam's picture

Nothing wrong with that. That's a little different than moving an old TV from one room to another and saying, "Merry Christmas," and that's it.

AmIWicked's picture

And BM could have waited til Christmas morning and put a dollar store bow on the old TV and it would have been at least "feelinglike a Christmas present" for them.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

BM did that all. The. Time. She'd buy herself and her DH new laptops and give the skids their old crappy ones that barely worked as "gifts." She'd have brand new clothes and the skids would get hand-me-downs as "gifts." (SS16 would get her DH's old clothes and SS11 would get SS16's.) One year she even wrapped up stuff around the house to give them as "gifts," some jigsaw puzzles and board games that people had given them for prior birthdays or Christmases that were never opened. She's beyond pathetic.