You are here

Are you FB friends with BM?

mashpeebonusmom's picture

Is it a good or bad idea to be FB friends with the BM? Should you FB friends with skids?

PoisonApples's picture

Is it a good or bad idea to be FB friends with the BM?

Depends on how much you love unnecessary drama.

Should you FB friends with skids?

Depends on your relationship with the skids and what you want out of friending them.

haha good point on the unnecessary drama for the BM

I can say I'm glad I FB friend the skids cause i saw pictures on their that their dad didnt agree with and made them take them down

SusiQ's picture

I was friends with SS but unfriended him because I couldn't stand him posting about all the things he was doing yet still asking us for money all the time.

DaizyDuke's picture

I have the wonderful privilege of having not one but two BM's. BM #1 I would NEVER be friends with whether it be on FB, a deserted island, whatever. BM #2 sent me a friend request and I sat on it for months wondering the same as you. I did decide I would friend her but I gave her limited access (i.e she can't see my picture albums, can't see my e-mail address, etc) Not sure why she wanted to be "friends" as we really don't have any contact with her at all as SD lives with grandmother (BM#2's mother- SD's choice) We've never had any kind of contact since becoming FB friends so I'm not really sure what the point was other than a way to say "I don't really have a problem with you." (if that makes any sense)

I am not "friends" with either Skid. I honestly DON'T want to know what they are doing, posting, etc as I KNOW I would end up in the middle of drama... for example if SD posted that she was going to Great Adventure tomorrow and then happened to call hubby and ask for money for "school books" the same day, I would feel obligated to tell hubby that he was being played and it would stress me out. No point in putting myself in that situation! Wink

SusiQ's picture

That's almost exactly what happened to us - He came to us asking for Summer School money and then I noticed a posting that he was spending a semester in Europe over the summer??

Umm I can't get a weekend at the beach and he wants my $$$ to go to Europe - sorry that was a no go

The BM and I have no issue with each other but I would hate to have to sensor what i put on FB just because she's on my friend page and can see

Happyhippos242's picture

Its a BAAAAAD idea. That's a window into your life that needs not be opened. You may have good intentions but in the end it won't be worth it.

Daizyduke...i agree with you on the if you saw her going a trip thing and then asking for school books. I had a similar issue regaurding homework but it wasnt fb related. I simply said seems weird that she has no homework mid week you might wanna check her notebook. well that turned into him confronting her and her telling BM she didnt wanan stay with him anymore. on one hand i'm glad i said something on the other i wish i had kept my mouth shut