You are here

5 years!

StepKat's picture

This January 24 will be DH and I’s 5 year wedding anniversary! I’m so excited! I love this man so much. He has taken such good care of me and I’m the center of his world. Only a few months after we got married we were both deployed (thankfully together) to Iraq. We spent the first year of our marriage in a 10x10 chu in a combat zone. For our 1 year anniversary, DH was out on a mission for 2 weeks. This year, sadly, DH will be at drill (but I’m still thankful it’s only a drill and not something longer). Therefore, we are going to celebrate the day before or that Monday after. I really can’t wait until we reach our 6 year anniversary. The reason being is that DH’s marriage with psycho bitch lasted 6 years.

EvilWickedSM's picture

Thanks to both of you for serving and congratulations on your 5 year anniversary!! DH and I also will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this year. Our first 8 months of marriage were spent apart due to deployment too, as we married the day before he shipped out, so I can understand completely! He's retired now, so no more worrying about that...yay. HAPPY ANNIVERSAY StepKat!

SMof2Girls's picture

Happy Anniversary! Forget about BM .. your marriage and success have nothing to do with her .. it's not a competition!

StepKat's picture

Thank you hun. I agree our wonderful life together has nothing to do with BM. But it’s still a mile stone for us and especially DH. BM really hurt him when she filed for divorce (yes, she’s the one that did the leaving). It was such a mess and very hard on DH and BM treated him like crap. It means a lot to DH that he never has to worry about me doing that to him.

SadFairy's picture

I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary. Congrats and may you continue to cherish and adore one another for many many many years.